SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 2TB
A Samsung Pro is ready to assist you and answer any questions.
- Images must be in BMP, PNG, GIF or JPEG format.
- File size must be 5 MB or less.
- Image must be at least 100 pixels tall.
- Image must be at least 100 pixels wide.
- It contains copyrighted media (and you don't hold the copyright)
- It contains media not related to the product
We may not publish your review if:
- It contains copyrighted media (an you don't hold the copyright)
- It contains media not related to the product
V-NAND reliability backed by up to 5 yr. warranty
Earn 1% back in rewards
3,500MB/s Seq. Read
2,500MB/s Seq. Write
The SSD that goes further
Accelerate into next-gen computing. The Samsung 970 EVO delivers breakthrough speeds, best-in-class reliability, and a broad range of capacity options up to 2TB*. The latest V-NAND, new Phoenix controller, and Intelligent TurboWrite technology enhance high-end gaming and 4K & 3D graphic editing.
Next level SSD speed
Feel the NVMe difference. The 970 EVO transforms high-end gaming and streamlines graphic-intensive workflows with the new Phoenix controller and Intelligent TurboWrite technology. Get stunning sequential read/write speeds of 3,500/2,500 MB/s*, up to 32% faster writes than the previous generation.
* Test system configuration: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @4.2GHz, DDR4 2400MHz 32GB, OS-Windows 10 Built 10240, Chipset–ASUS PRIME Z270-A
* The sequential write performances after TurboWrite region are: 300 MB/s(250GB), 600 MB/s(500GB), 1,200 MB/s(1TB) and 1,250 MB/s(2TB). For more information on the TurboWrite, please visit www.samsungssd.com.
The next advancement in NVMe SSDs. The 970 EVO fits up to 2TB onto the compact M.2 (2280) form factor, greatly expanding storage capacity and saving space for other components. Samsung's innovative technology empowers you with the capacity to do more and accomplish more.
The new standard in sustainable performance. Get up to 1,200 TBW* with a 5-year limited warranty, achieving 50 percent higher than the previous generation. The 970 EVO provides exceptional endurance powered by the latest V-NAND technology and Samsung’s reputation for quality.
* Warrantied TBW for 970 EVO: 150 TBW for 250GB model, 300 TBW for 500GB model, 600 TBW for 1TB model, 1,200 TBW for 2TB model.
* 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on the warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
Achieve a new level of drive confidence. Samsung’s advanced nickel-coated controller and heat spreader on the 970 EVO enable superior heat dissipation. The Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops.
Advanced drive management made simple. Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
SSD 970 EVO
PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3
2,000GB (1GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
Sequential Read Speed
Up to 3,500 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Sequential Write Speed
Up to 2,500 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Random Read Speed
Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 500,000 IOPS Random Read Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 15,000 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Random Write Speed
Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 480,000 IOPS * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Samsung Phoenix Controller
Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
GC (Garbage Collection)
Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
Device Sleep Mode Support
Average Power Consumption (system level)
* Average: 6 W * Maximum: 10 W (Burst mode) * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
Power consumption (Idle)
Max. 30 mW * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
3.3 V ± 5 % Allowable voltage
1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
0 - 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
3.16" x 0.09" x 0.87"
Magician Software for SSD management
5-Year Limited Warranty or 1,200 TBW Limited Warranty
Global Download Center
SAMSUNG assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable, in connection with whether any such products or services will be appropriate, functional or supported for the SAMSUNG products or services available in your country.
Price, Promotion, Processing: Pricing, delivery date and other errors may be withdrawn or revised and/or your order may be cancelled at any time, without prior notice, before we have both (a) shipped or provided access to your product or service, and (b) received your payment for the product or service. All sales on Samsung.com are subject to the full Terms of Sale . Samsung is not responsible for any errors, omissions or misdirected or lost orders, or orders which may be delayed. Samsung reserves the right to modify pricing and modify or cancel promotions at any time, without prior notice.