How do I insert or remove the microSD™ card in my Samsung Galaxy S III?
Your device lets you use a microSD™ (SD) or microSDHC card to expand available memory space. This secure digital card enables you to exchange images, music, and data among SD-compatible devices.
Insert a microSD™ Card
- Remove the back cover by inserting a fingernail or pointed object into the slot on the top of your device (1). Lift the cover up and away from the device (2).
- Push the microSD card into the slot until it clicks into place.
- Place the cover onto the back of the device and press down.
Remove the microSD Card
- You must first unmount the microSD card before removing it. From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Storage > Unmount SD card.
- Touch OK to finish unmounting the card.
- Remove the back cover by inserting a fingernail or pointed object into the slot on the top of your device.
- Press in on the microSD card to disengage the locking mechanism. You should hear it click.
- Grasp the memory card and remove it from the device.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.