How do I transfer data from my Google™ Account on another NFC compatible device to my Samsung Galaxy S6?
Use the Tap & Go feature to effortlessly transfer your Google™ Account, backed up applications, and data from an old Android™ device to your new device. The Tap & Go feature is part of the initial setup process that runs when you turn on your device for the first time.
You cannot return to Tap & Go if you complete your device setup and elect to skip this step.
Use Tap & Go
While the Tap & Go feature works using the cellular network, it is recommended that you use Wi-Fi®.
Before beginning the setup process on your new device, ensure that the NFC feature on your old device is turned on and the device is unlocked.
- Power on your new device and follow the setup prompts until you reach the Wi-Fi screen. If necessary, touch the slider to turn Wi-Fi on .
- Select your desired Wi-Fi network and enter the password, if necessary.
- Review the Terms and conditions, touch NEXT, and then touch AGREE.
- When you reach the Tap & Go screen, briefly place the two devices back to back. Separate the devices when you hear a tone or feel a vibration.
- When prompted, touch OK on your old device.
- The process may take a few minutes while your new device copies backed up accounts and information from your old device.
- When prompted, enter your Google password on your new device and touch Sign in.
- Review the Google services terms and privacy policies, touch MORE, and then touch NEXT.
- Complete the setup process. The process may take a few minutes while your new device restores accounts and downloads previously installed applications.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.