How do I use Air Gestures™ to control my Samsung Galaxy S4?
Air Gestures™ Settings
The Air Gestures settings let you control your mobile device by making specific movements with your hand above the proximity and gesture sensors.
To access Air Gestures settings, from the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > My device > Motions and gestures > Air gesture.
Touch the slider off next to Air gesture to turn it on. There are five different types of air gestures. Touch the slider off next to a feature to turn it on. Touch the gesture name for a quick tutorial on how to use the gesture. You can also try using the feature by touching Try it.
The proximity and gesture sensors are at the top-right corner above the screen. When air gestures are available, the gesture icon will appear at the top of your screen. The sensors recognize gestures when you make smooth, steady movements up to three inches above the sensors.
- Quick glance: When the device is on a flat surface with the display facing upward and the screen is turned off, move your hands above the sensors to display status information. Place a check mark next to each item you wish to display on the information screen. Select from Time & Date, Notification icons, Missed calls, Unread messages, Battery power, and Current music info.
- Air jump: Scroll through webpages and emails by moving your hand up or down above the sensors.
- Air browse: Move to the next or previous item by moving your hand left or right above the sensors. Place a check mark next to each application you wish to enable. Select fromGallery, Internet, My Music, Music on lock screen, and S Memo™.
- Air move: Move icons to other screens by touching and holding them and then moving your other hand left or right over the sensors. This gesture is available on the Home screen, Applications menu, and Calendar.
- Air call-accept: Accept incoming calls by moving your hand over the sensors. By default, the speakerphone will be activated when the call is answered. Clear the checkbox next to Auto start speakerphone to disable this feature.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.