How do I force my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ to reboot or restart when the screen is frozen or the device is locked up?
In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, you can attempt a force restart. This will turn your device off and back on without affecting any data stored on the device.
• Do not attempt to remove the battery from your device.
• Doing so may damage the device and battery and could cause burning and injury.
• Ensure your device is charged to a minimum of 5%.
• If your battery is below 5%, the device may not turn on after the restart.
• A device that is completely drained should be charged for a minimum of 15 minutes using the wall charger supplied with your device.
To force restart your device, press and hold the Volume down key and Power/Lock key on the device for 10–20 seconds. This performs a simulated battery disconnect.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.