Taking Care of Your Electric Cooktop (NZ30K6330 & NZ36K6430)
Use only a ceramic cooktop cleaner. Other creams may not be as effective. By following these steps, you can maintain and protect the surface of your glass cooktop.
Protecting the Cooktop
Do not use abrasive cleansing powders, scouring pads, chlorine bleach, ammonia or other cleansers not specifically recommended for use on a glass-ceramic surface, which will scratch the cooktop.
- Clean the Cooktop before using it for the first time.
- Clean your Cooktop daily or after each use.
- Do not allow spills to remain on the cooking area or the Cooktop trim for a long period of time.
Make sure the Cooktop and the pan bottom are clean.
Preventing Marks and Scratches
- Do not use glass cookware which may scratch the Cooktop.
- Do not place a trivet or wok ring between the Cooktop and the pan.
- Do not slide metal pans across the Cooktop.
- Do not use a soiled dish cloth or sponge to clean the Cooktop surface.
- Continuously cooking on a soiled surface can result in a permanent stain.
Preventing Other Damage
- Do not allow plastic, sugar, or foods with high sugar content to melt onto the hot Cooktop.
- Do not let a pan boil dry as this will damage the Cooktop and the pan.
- Do not use the Cooktop as a work surface or cutting board.
- Do not cook food directly on the Cooktop.
Care and Cleaning of the Glass Cooktop
Damage to your glass surface may occur if you scrub pads other than those recommended.
- Allow the cooktop to cool. The heat indicators stay on even after the unit is turned off and will automatically turn off when the surface has been cooled down. Make sure all the heat indicators have been switched off.
- Shake the ceramic cooktop cleaner cream well. Then, apply a few drops of cleaner directly to the cooktop.
- Use a paper towel or a cleaning pad for ceramic Cooktops to clean the entire Cooktop surface.
- Use a dry cloth or paper towel to remove all cleaning residue. No need to rinse.
Cleaning the Cooktop Seal
Use a dry cloth or paper towel to remove all cleaning residue. No need to rinse.
Cleaning Sugary Spills And Melted Plastic
- Turn off all surface units. Then, remove hot pans.
- Wearing an oven mitt, use a single-edge razor-blade scraper to move the spill to a cool area of the Cooktop.
- Remove the spill with paper towels.
- Any remaining spillover should be left until the surface of the Cooktop has cooled.
- Don’t use the surface units again until all of the residue has been completely removed.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.