Install your range hood and wall mount vent
Installing a range hood and wall mount vent is a difficult process, so we recommend contacting a licensed electrician. For your convenience, we've provided the requirements for installation, as well as the manual, so you can confirm everything is ready before the professionals arrive.
A 120V, 60Hz, AC only, 15-amp fused electrical circuit is required.
Wire sizes and connections must conform with the rating of the appliance as specified on the model/serial rating plate. The model/serial plate is located behind the filter on the rear wall of the range hood.
- Vent system must reach outdoors.
- Do not end the vent system in an attic or other enclosed areas.
- Do not use a 4 inch (10.2 centimeter) laundry-type wall cap.
- Using a rigid metal vent is recommended. Plastic or metal foil vents are not recommended.
- The length of the vent system and the number of elbows should be kept to a minimum for efficient performance.
Download a manual
If you'd like more information and details about installing a vent and wall mount, you can refer to your vent's user manual. Our Download Center lets you download digital copies of user manuals in case you've misplaced the original.