Install your range hood and wall mount vent
Installing a range hood and wall mount vent is a difficult process, so we recommend contacting a licensed electrician. For your convenience, we've provided the requirements for installation, as well as the manual, so you can confirm everything is ready before the professionals arrive.
A 120 volt, 60 Hertz, AC only, 15-amp fused electrical circuit is required.
Wire sizes and connections must conform with the rating of the appliance as specified on the model/serial rating plate. The model/serial plate is located behind the filter on the rear wall of the range hood.
- Vent system must reach outdoors.
- Do not end the vent system in an attic or other enclosed areas.
- Do not use a 4 inch (10.2 centimeter) laundry-type wall cap.
- Using a rigid metal vent is recommended. Plastic or metal foil vents are not recommended.
- The length of the vent system and the number of elbows should be kept to a minimum for efficient performance.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Give us a call Speak directly with a Samsung Pro or schedule a time for us to call you
General Mon-Fri: 8am- 12 am (EST) Sat-Sun:9am - 11 pm (EST) 1-800-726-7864
Mobile Mon - Sun: 12am - 12 pm 1-800-726-7864
Home Appliances Sat-Sun:9am -6pm(EST) 1-800-726-7864