Use Anynet+ on Your TV
With Anynet+, you can control external devices that are connected to your TV with HDMI using your TV remote. Finally, no more hunting for multiple remotes. Lose the extra remotes and simplify your home theater.
Before Connecting an Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) Device
Keep these tips in mind:
- Anynet+ cannot be used to control external devices that do not support HDMI-CEC.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled devices must be connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. Some HDMI cables may not support Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC).
- If the TV remote does not work, set up the device as an Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled device again.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control up to 12 compliant external devices (up to 3 of the same type), except for home theaters. Anynet+ can only control one home theater system.
- To listen to 5.1 channel audio from an external device, connect the device to the TV via an HDMI cable and connect a 5.1 home theater system directly to the external device's digital audio output connector.
- If an external device has been set up for both Anynet+ and a universal remote control, the device can only be controlled with the universal remote control.
Turn on Anynet+
The connection process can take up to 2 minutes to complete.
Connect an external device via Anynet+ so you can simply use one remote to control all your devices. Here's how:
Press the Home button your TV remote, and then navigate to and select Settings > General. Select External Device Manager, and then select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it on. Next, connect an external device using an HDMI cable, and then turn on the device - it will automatically connect to the TV. After the connection is established, you can access the connected device's menu using your TV remote and control the device.
If Anynet+ does not work:
Make sure the device supports Anynet+.
Check the power cord and cable connections of the Anynet+ device.
Make sure Anynet+ is turned on (Settings > General > External Device Manager > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)).
Anynet+ may not function when other functions are active, including Channel search, Smart Hub, Initial Setup, etc.
If you have disconnected and then reconnected the HDMI cable, scan for devices again or turn your TV off and on.
The TV audio is not being played through the receiver:
Connect the TV and receiver with an optical cable.
ARC is only available when the TV is connected to an audio receiver that supports ARC.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*
Give us a call Speak directly with a Samsung Pro or schedule a time for us to call you
General Mon-Fri: 8am- 12 am (EST) Sat-Sun:9am - 11 pm (EST) 1-800-726-7864
Mobile Mon - Sun: 12am - 12 pm 1-800-726-7864
Home Appliances Sat-Sun:9am -6pm(EST) 1-800-726-7864