Using Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) on Your 2017 Smart TV
You can use the TV's remote to control external devices that are connected to the TV by an HDMI cable and that supports Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC).
Before Connecting an Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) Device
- Anynet+ cannot be used to control external devices that does not support HDMI-CEC.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled devices must be connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. Some HDMI cables may not support Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC).
- If the TV remote does not work, set up the device as an Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled device again.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control up to 12 compliant external devices (up to 3 of the same type) except for home theaters. Anynet+ can only control one home theater system.
- To listen to 5.1 channel audio from an external device, connect the device to the TV via an HDMI cable and connect a 5.1 home theater system directly to the external device's digital audio output connector.
- If an external device has been set up for both Anynet+ and a universal remote control, the device can only be controlled with the universal remote control.
Connecting an External Device
1. Press the Home button on your remote control.
2. Navigate to Settings > General > External Device Manager.
3. Select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it On.
4. Connect an external device using an HDMI cable.
5. Turn on the external device. The device will automatically connect to the TV. After the connection is established, you can access the menu of the connected device using your TV remote and control the device.
The connection process can take up to 2 minutes to complete.
Anynet+ does not work:
- Make sure that the device supports Anynet+.
- Check the power cord and cable connections of the Anynet+ device.
- Make sure Anynet+ is enabled (Settings > General > External Device Manager > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)).
- Make sure the remote control is Anynet+ compatible.
- Anynet+ may not function when other functions are active, including Channel search, Smart Hub®, Initial Setup, etc.
- If you have disconnected and then reconnected the HDMI cable, scan for devices again or turn your TV off and on.
The TV audio is not being played through the receiver:
- Connect the TV and receiver with an optical cable.
- ARC is only available when the TV is connected to an audio receiver that supports ARC.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.