How to control the Samsung AC using Smart things?
SmartThings is a technology that conveniently controls and manages smart home appliances and Internet of Things (IoT) devices with your Samsung smartphone. Your Samsung AC can be monitored and controlled directly from the SmartThings app.
Samsung AC has various models that support smart things :
- Room Air Conditioners (Split AC) with built in WiFi.
- DVM S Systems and single zone CAC systems (AC models) after being connected to WiFi adapter. To confirm compatibility, please check the user manual. Users can buy the WiFi kit from AC Service Centers. Please contact 800-SAMB2B (726222) to learn where to buy.
1. If you have an available Smart hub at home, you can connect both the AC and your Smartphone on it and you can control your Samsung AC outside your home. Just make sure your Smartphone has an internet connection.
2. If there is no Smarthub available, you can still control your Samsung AC through your Smartphone. Just make sure that both the AC and the smartphone with the Smart things app are connected to the same WiFi router. However; depending on the model, smart phones can control the AC without hub and both are connected with different network
On your smartphone:
How to download the smart things app.
- Tap Settings → Connection → Wi-Fi → Select a router to connect to (enter the password when setting security)
- When connected properly, the selected router in the current network is confirmed as “connected”. trainer.
How to set up your Samsung account
- You must sign in to a Samsung account before using the SmartThings app.
- To set up a Samsung account, you can follow the directions provided by the SmartThings app.
- Or, if you have a Samsung smartphone, you can add your Samsung account in the setting app of your smartphone. Then, it will automatically sign in to your Samsung account.
- All functions and step descriptions related to the SmartThings app differ depending on the software version.
- When using mobile data, costs may be incurred depending on downloads and wireless communication between devices.
- Available technologies and functions may vary depending on the country, service provider, network environment, or product.
Note: To get more information, please call our contact center our helpful agents will be there to help you.
Please click the submit button below to share your feedback with us. Thank you for your participation.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.