1. This Policy sets out the terms and conditions by which end users who purchase a Mobile Product from Samsung via the Samsung Online Store can seek an exchange or refund of their Mobile Product if they change their mind after their purchase.
2. This Policy is subject to Samsung’s Terms and Conditions of Sale
. To the extent of any inconsistency between this Policy and Samsung’s Terms and Conditions of Sale, this Policy prevails.
a. Mobile Product means a Samsung smartphone, tablet, or wearable device (e.g. smartwatch, headphones etc.) or accessory related to such a device (e.g. case, charger, dongle etc.) that an end user purchases directly from the Samsung Online Store. For the avoidance of doubt, a Mobile Product does not include:
i. a third party product that is not a Samsung product;
ii. a product in a different product category, such as whitegoods or browngoods (e.g. refrigerators, washing machines, televisions, soundbars, etc.); and
iii. a Mobile Product that has been customised or made to order for a particular end user (e.g. an exclusive colour variant of a smartphone that is only being offered for sale on the Samsung Online Store and requires special production, etc.).
If you are unsure as to whether a product offered for sale on the Samsung Online Store is a Mobile Product within the meaning of this Policy, please visit Samsung Support and select one of the options to contact Samsung’s Customer Care Team.
b. Policy means the Samsung Online Store Change of Mind Policy for Mobile Products (as amended from time to time).
c. Samsung means Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 002 915 648) of 3 Murray Rose Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127, Australia.
d. Samsung Online Store means Samsung’s e-commerce website at the URL https://shop.samsung.com/au/, as well as the various Samsung Enhanced Partnership Program portals accessible to eligible members.
4. End users who purchase a Mobile Product from Samsung via the Samsung Online Store and who wish to change their mind can seek an exchange or refund of their Mobile Product providing that they:
a. submit a request to Samsung for an exchange or refund in accordance with this Policy within fourteen (14) days of delivery of their Mobile Product; and
b. ensure that the Mobile Product for which they are seeking an exchange or refund is unused and in a re-sellable condition in Samsung’s reasonable opinion (including the packaging being un-opened, the seal intact and all in-box items, including warranty cards and user manuals, being in the box).
5. End users can submit a request for an exchange or refund in accordance with this Policy by contacting Samsung’s Customer Care Team by visiting Samsung Support
and selecting one of the contact options.
6. Please note that a request for an exchange under this Policy is limited to an exchange of the same device as the end user’s original purpose, save for the exchange model able to be a different colour. In order to access an exchange under this Policy, the price of the original Mobile Product purchased by the end user needs to be identical to the price of the exchange Mobile Product being requested by the end user. If an end user wishes to receive a different device, the end user will need to submit a request for a refund rather than an exchange, and thereafter purchase their desired device in a new transaction.
7. If, in Samsung’s reasonable opinion, your request appears to be in accordance with this Policy, Samsung’s Customer Care Team will send you an Australia Post eConnote return label. Once you receive this label, print a copy, and take it to your nearest Australia Post outlet for scanning. You will then be given a pre-paid satchel on which to attach the label and place your Mobile Product. Please ensure that your Mobile Product is packaged with adequate protection (e.g. bubble wrap or similar) to ensure that it is not damaged during transit. Please hand the package to an Australia Post representative for posting and record the tracking number of your package to monitor the status of your return.
8. Once Samsung receives your Mobile Product, it will be assessed in order to determine whether you are eligible for an exchange or a refund.
9. If Samsung approves your request for an exchange or a refund, it generally takes between 21-30 days to receive your refund or exchange. Please note that refunds can only be made to the original payment method used by the end user (end users whose original payment method is no longer available, for example, due to their credit or debit card being cancelled, should contact their bank or financial institution for assistance).
10. If your request is not in accordance with this Policy, Samsung may (within its absolute discretion) nevertheless decide to provide you with a refund or exchange on a goodwill basis, but at all times Samsung reserves the right to reject your request and return the Mobile Product to you at the address stated in your original order.
11. Please note that nothing in this Policy is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any rights that you may have under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) or any other applicable legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
12. For any queries relating to this Policy, please contact Samsung’s Customer Care Team on 1300 362 603 by visiting Samsung Support
and selecting one of the contact options.