Test the ice maker in a Samsung fridge
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences, error codes or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
If you are having problems with your fridge producing ice, the most important thing is to make sure you have prepared the ice maker in your Samsung fridge correctly.
There is also a troubleshooting page on what to do if the ice maker in your fridge does not dispense ice.
Below is a step by step guide on 3 different ice makers and how to test them.
● Make sure the ice maker is switched on.
● A newly installed refrigerator may need up to 24 hours to cool and for ice production to begin.
● If the doors were removed for installation purposes, the wiring on the top of the freezer door hinge may not be properly connected, please refer to your owner’s manual.
● Do not keep pressing on the test button for RF* and RSG* models, this may cause ice tray overfills and ice jamming in the tray.
- Gently hold the icemaker bucket (B) with both hands and remove it from the ice chute (A).
- Check the icemaker bucket if it contains ice as appropriate.
- Then, hold the icemaker cover (C) and slightly lift up to remove.
- Press Test (D) on the side of the ice maker. You will hear a chime (dingdong) at the press of the button.
- You will hear another chime if the ice maker operates properly.