Why Do I Clean Or Replace My Dryer Vent?
1. The dryer vent must be clean to insure proper dryer performance. The images below are a typical dryer vent having excessive amount of lint.
Too much Lint on the vent can cause one of the following results:
• Inefficient performance of the dryer
• Higher energy consumption owing to bad ventilation
• Longer cycle run time.
• Overheating on the burner
• A fire on the vent inside
2. Please note that the end that connects to the dryer does not appear to be much of a concern. However, the other end of the vent which is connected to the duct that goes through the wall requires your extra attention because it might be in a serious condition.
3. Please check whether the excessive lint has been accumulated in the vent or not.
4. To clean the vent, disjoint the vent into several parts and clean the inside of the vents with a vacuum cleaner.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .