Customize notifications and what displays on your Galaxy phone's lock screen
We know you're busy. And when you're in a rush, you may not have time to unlock your phone to open and dismiss all those notifications. The good news is that you can manage your notifications right from the lock screen.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Nobody likes when other people can view their notifications. Fortunately, you can hide the notification details on the lock screen. From Settings, swipe to and tap Lock screen. Then tap Notifications to see the available settings and customize them to your liking.
- View style: Choose from Icons only, or Detailed, which shows information about the notification.
- Hide content: Hide notification content in the Notification panel.
- Notifications to show: Enable either Alert and silent notifications, or Alert notifications only.
- Show on Always on Display: Show or hide notifications when your Always on Display is active.
You can open or dismiss notifications right from the lock screen of your phone. Because, let’s be honest, some notifications are just meant to be dismissed.
From the lock screen, tap the notification's icon to open up the notification panel. Then, to open a specific notification, simply tap the desired notification, and unlock your phone if needed.
To dismiss a notification, swipe the desired notification to the left or right until it disappears.
If you have a screen lock set up, you will need to enter your credentials to view the notification.
Not only does the lock screen display time and notifications, you can access apps and settings without unlocking your Galaxy phone. With certain settings, you can get quick access to the camera, schedules, alarms, and even contact information right from the lock screen.
From Settings, tap Lock screen. Use the following settings to customize your loc screen's appearance:
- Clock style: Set the type and color for the clock on the lock screen and Always On Display.
- Roaming clock: You can set your home time zone. Both local and your home time zones will be displayed when you are roaming.
- FaceWidgets: You can set the loc screen and Always On Display to display the Music controller, Today’s schedule, and the Next Alarm.
- Contact information: You can add your contact information and it will be displayed on the lock screen.
- Notifications: Adjust the style and settings of the notifcations that appear on your lock screen.
- App shortcuts: Select apps to open from the lock screen.
- Wallpaper services: Set up a Dynamic loc screen and turn on Auto update to automatically cycle through the wallpapers.
Just like how you snooze your alarm clock every morning, you can "snooze" your notifications too. This will make them disappear and then reappear after a set amount of time.
To snooze a notification from the lock screen, swipe the desired notification slightly to the left or right. But if you swipe too fast or too far, you might accidentally close the notifcation. Tap the Snooze icon (it looks like a bell), select your desired amount of time, and then tap Save. Ahh, peace and quiet.
Thank you for your feedback!