Use visibility enhancement features on your Galaxy phone
Having trouble seeing your screen? Whether you are struggling to read text messages, want to edit your font style, or need to add a magnifying lens, you can use your phone's visibility enhancements. These features will make things much easier when you’re reading an article, typing an email, or just using your phone in general.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Enhancements are available for users with poor eyesight, or for anyone who wants to customize the content on their phone. You can also choose your own fonts and colours, so your screen is easier to read. From Settings, swipe to and tap Accessibility, and then tap Visibility Enhancements.
Swipe up to see all the convenient options for improving your screen:
- High contrast theme: Download and use themes that feature light colours on dark backgrounds. They are much easier on the eyes.
- High contrast fonts: Tap to add an outline to all fonts so that they stand out against the screen.
- High contrast keyboard: Change the keyboard style by selecting different colour palettes.
- Show button shapes: This will add a highlighted colour to buttons so they are easier to see and select.
- Colour inversion: Allows you to invert the colours of your menus and fonts to improve visibility.
- Colour adjustment: Change the colour settings if you cannot see certain shades like reds, greens, or blues.
- Colour lens: Choose from a list of colours to add a filter to your screen, and then adjust the opacity with the slider.
- Remove animations: Tap this to negate screen effects from apps if your eyes are sensitive to animations. It can also help speed up your phone a little.
- Magnifier window: Enlarge content if text is too small to read. Turning this on will add the Accessibility shortcut (the person icon) to your Navigation bar, which can be tapped to open the magnifier window.
- Magnification: Choose between triple tapping or using the Accessibility shortcut to magnify the screen.
- Large mouse/touchpad pointer: If a mouse or touchpad is connected to your device the pointer will be enlarged to help you with navigating and selecting.
- Font size and style: Choose a new font style from the provided options or download your own. You can change the font size and even bold it if you like.
- Screen zoom: Permanently enlarge your screen with the slider. Your selection will save and reflect on your screen.
Thank you for your feedback!