Connecting your DA-F60 Portable Speaker using a Stereo Cable
This method uses a 3.5mm stereo cable (analog) which is NOT included and must be purchased separately. These cables can be purchased at local electronics stores, online retailers or from samsungparts.com.
Before you begin, you will need
- 1 Analog audio cable (3.5mm)
- Power off your external device (any device with an analog output can be connected)
- Power off your portable speaker
Connecting Your External Device and Portable Speaker
Keep in mind that the type of cable you need depends on the type of device you are connecting. For example, if the external device you are connecting is not 3.5mm you may need an RCA to stereo cable (red and white audio cables on one end and 3.5mm on the other end) so it's important to check what type of port your external device has and then purchase the appropriate cable.
Follow the steps below to connect your external device and portable speaker.
- Connect one end of the analog audio cable to your external device. For example if connecting a cell phone you would connect the cable end to the headphone jack where audio is output.
- Connect the other end of the analog audio cable to to the Aux IN port on the back of the portable speaker.
- Power on your external device.
- Power on your portable speaker and press the Function button on the right hand side to select the AUX function. All audio that is played by your external device will now output through the portable speaker.
- If you have no audio verify the stereo cable is plugged in all the way on the portable speaker and connected device.
- Verify the media you are playing has audio by playing the media and disconnecting the stereo cable from the connected device, verify there is audio and then reconnect the stereo cable.
- Try a second stereo cable, the first one may be defective.
- Try connecting your external device to a Home Theater System or other audio dock and verify it is outputting audio through the output jack:
- If there is no audio the port on your external device is failing.
- If there is audio your external device is working properly. The problem may be caused the portable speaker. Connect a second external device to your portable speaker using the stereo cable and verify there is audio. If there is no audio, your speaker requires service.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.