How to Change the Refresh Rate Setting in Windows 7 for a Monitor
Refresh Rates in Windows operating systems are generally received when the monitor is connected to the PC.
Changing the Refresh Rate in Windows 7
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Adjust Screen Resolution under Appearance and Personalization.
- On the Screen Resolution page, click the Advanced settings link.
- Click the Monitor tab and select 60Hz for the optimum refresh rate of your monitor.
If the box beside "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" is checked, other refresh rates may not show due to incompatibility.
- Click Apply to save the changes, and then OK to close the window.