Connecting an External Device to the Aux Port(s) on Your MX-FS8000
You will need:
• 1 Analog audio cable (3.5mm)
• A Powered off external device (any device with an analog output can be connected)
• A Powered off Giga sound system
Your Giga system has an AUX connection that allows you to connect your devices using your standard 3.5mm stereo cable (analog) which is NOT included and must be purchased separately. These cables can be purchased at local electronics stores, online retailers, or from samsungparts.com.
Keep in mind that the type of cable you need depends on the type of device you are connecting. For example, if the external device you are connecting is not 3.5 mm, you may need RCA to stereo cable (red and white audio cables on one end and 3.5 mm on the other end). Please check your port type before purchasing.
Your Giga sound system comes with 3.5 mm ports with Aux in 1 on the front panel and Aux in 2 on the back of the system. See the instruction below for connecting your external device to your Giga System.
Connecting Your External Device and Portable Speaker
Follow the steps below to connect your external device and portable speaker.
- Connect one end of the analog audio cable to your external device. For example, if connecting a cell phone, you would connect the cable end to the headphone jack where audio is output.
- Connect the other end of the analog audio cable to to the Aux IN port on the front or rear of the Giga sound system.
- Power on your external device and play a track.
- Power on your Giga sound system and press the Tuner/Aux button (located on the top left corner of the remote) to toggle through available inputs. Select Aux 1 if you are using the front Aux port, select Aux 2 if you are using the Aux port on the back of the system. All audio played by your external device will now output through Giga sound system.
- If you have no audio, verify that the stereo cable is plugged in all the way on the Giga sound system and is connected to the device.
- Verify that the media you are playing has audio by playing the media and disconnecting the stereo cable from the connected device. Verify that there is audio and then reconnect the stereo cable.
- If the first cable is defective, try a second one.
- Try connecting your external device to a Home Theater System or other audio device and verify it is outputting audio through the output jack.
- If there is no audio, the port on your external device may be defective.
- If there is audio, your external device is working properly. The problem may be caused by the Giga sound system. Connect a second external device to your Giga sound system using the stereo cable. If there is no audio, your speaker may need a service.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.