Changing the Keyboard Input Options on Your Galaxy Tab S
You can change the keyboard settings on your device. Your device comes preloaded with Samsung keyboard and Google Voice Typing.
Switch Text Entry Modes
- From the Home screen, touch Apps.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch GENERAL tab> Language and input .
- Touch Samsung keyboard to customize the following settings:
- Input languages: Touch Select input languages to add input languages. When you select more than one language, you can quickly switch between languages on the keyboard by swiping across the space bar.
- Predictive text: Touch the slider to turn Predictive text on. Touch Predictive text to edit the following settings:
- Live word update: Update the keyboard with popular new words once a day.
- Personalized data: Make predictive results better with the data collected from external accounts. When this feature is on, you can adjust the following settings:
- Learn from Facebook: Sign in to your Facebook account to let the keyboard learn your writing style.
- Learn from Gmail: Sign in to your Gmail account to let the keyboard learn your writing style.
- Learn from Twitter: Sign in to your Twitter account to let the keyboard learn your writing style.
- Learn from Contacts: Let the keyboard learn your writing style from your contacts' entries.
- Clear server data: Delete all information stored anonymously on the server.
- Clear personal data: Remove all personalized data stored on the device.
- Auto replace: Have your device complete or replace the word you are typing with the most probable word. Touch the slider to turn Auto replacement on.
- Auto capitalize: Have your device capitalize the first letter of each sentence and proper nouns.
- Auto spacing: Have your device insert a space between words.
- Auto punctuate: Have your device enter a period at the end of a sentence when you double-touch the space bar.
- Keyboard swipe: Select from the following options.
- None: Use the default key-touch entry mode.
- Continuous Input: Enter text by sliding your finger across the keyboard. This feature is optimized for Qwerty keyboard.
- Cursor control: Move the cursor in the text entry box by sliding your finger across the keyboard.
- Key-tap feedback:
- Sound: Have your device play a sound when you touch a key on the keyboard.
- Vibration: Have your device vibrate when you touch a key on the keyboard.
- Character preview: Have a preview appear when you touch a key on the keyboard, making it easier to verify that you are typing correctly.
- More settings:
- Reset settings: Reset the Samsung keyboard settings, except personalized data, to their default values.
Switch Text Entry Modes
- When entering text, open the Notification Panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom and touch Select keyboard.
- Select the preferred input method.
Enable Handwriting Recognition
- Launch Samsung keyboard by tapping in any available text field and touch next to the SPACE bar and select Handwriting Text Input .
- Hand write your text into the text field.
- Switch back to keyboard input by touching and select Keyboard text input .
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.