Galaxy Tab S - How can I change the keyboard input options on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S?
You can change the keyboard settings on your device. Your device comes preloaded with Samsung keyboard and Google Voice Typing.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps .
- Touch Settings .
- Touch GENERAL tab> Language and input .
- Touch Samsung keyboard to customize the following settings:
- Input languages: Touch Select input languages to add input languages. When you select more than one language, you can quickly switch between languages on the keyboard by swiping across the space bar.
- Predictive text: Touch the slider to turn Predictive text on . Touch Predictive text to edit the following settings:
- Live word update: Update the keyboard with popular new words once a day.
- Personalized data: Make predictive results better with the data collected from external accounts. When this feature is on, you can adjust the following settings:
- Learn from Facebook: Sign in to your Facebook account to let the keyboard learn your writing style.
- Learn from Gmail: Sign in to your Gmail account to let the keyboard learn your writing style.
- Learn from Twitter: Sign in to your Twitter account to let the keyboard learn your writing style.
- Learn from Contacts: Let the keyboard learn your writing style from your contacts' entries.
- Clear server data: Delete all information stored anonymously on the server.
- Clear personal data: Remove all personalized data stored on the device.
- Auto replace: Have your device complete or replace the word you are typing with the most probable word. Touch the slider to turn Auto replacement ON .
- Auto capitalize: Have your device capitalize the first letter of each sentence and proper nouns.
- Auto spacing: Have your device insert a space between words.
- Auto punctuate: Have your device enter a period at the end of a sentence when you double-touch the space bar.
- Keyboard swipe: Select from the following options.
- None: Use the default key-touch entry mode.
- Continuous Input: Enter text by sliding your finger across the keyboard. This feature is optimized for Qwerty keyboard.
- Cursor control: Move the cursor in the text entry box by sliding your finger across the keyboard.
- Key-tap feedback:
- Sound: Have your device play a sound when you touch a key on the keyboard.
- Vibration: Have your device vibrate when you touch a key on the keyboard.
- Character preview: Have a preview appear when you touch a key on the keyboard, making it easier to verify that you are typing correctly.
- More settings:
- Reset settings: Reset the Samsung keyboard settings, except personalized data, to their default values.
Switch Text Entry Modes
- When entering text, open the Notification Panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom and touch Select keyboard.
- Select the preferred input method.
Enable Handwriting Recognition
- Launch Samsung keyboard by tapping in any available text field and touch next to the SPACE bar and select Handwriting Text Input .
- Hand write your text into the text field.
- Switch back to keyboard input by touching and select Keyboard text input .
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.