Recording from an Audio CD to a USB Flash Drive on Your MX-FS9000 Giga Sound System
The recording function allows you to record from a CD, a USB device, a radio broadcast, or an external source to a USB storage device such as a USB flash drive or MP3 player.
To begin, you will need:
- An empty USB flash drive
- A music CD you want to record from
- Giga sound system remote
Record from your Music CD to a USB Flash Drive
Follow the steps below to begin recording from your music CD to a USB flash drive.
- First connect the USB flash drive you want to record to to the USB 2 REC port on the front of the system.
- Next, insert a disc into the disc slot and use the skip buttons to select the song you want to record. Press the USB REC button on the remote control to begin recording. A 'recording' message appears on the front display and the recording starts.
To record all the tracks on the inserted music disc press and hold the USB REC button. 'Full CD' will then appear on the front display as the recording starts.
- Press the STOP button on the remote to stop recording. The recording is automatically saved as an MP3 file. A directory labeled as 'Recording' CD/DA will be created on your USB flash drive.
- If you disconnect the USB flash drive during a recording session, the system will power off and you will be unable to delete the incomplete file that has been recorded. If this occurs, connect the flash drive to a PC, back up any other files you may have had on it, and then reformat the flash drive.
- If the USB flash drive does not have enough memory, a 'Not Enough Memory' message displays on the front display of the system. If this occurs, connect your flash drive to a PC and back up the files it contains before performing a format on the drive. You can also attach another flash drive. When using the CD high speed search function, the CD recording function is unavailable.
- If you use the MIC function during a CD recording, the voice from the microphone is recorded.
- CD recording is unavailable when using the Program mode.
- EQ, Repeat, and Giga Sound functions are automatically turned off and unavailable when using the recording function.
- When recording the FAT file system, NTFS file systems are not supported.
- When using the CD high speed search function, the CD recording function is not available.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.