Setting up Your Ultra HD Blu-ray Player (UBD-K8500)
The steps below will help you quickly set up your Ultra HD Blu-ray player so you can start enjoying all of your favorite content.
Before you begin, make sure you have:
- Your Wireless Network Name (SSID)
- Your Wireless Network's Key (password)
- Your Blu-ray remote control
Set Up Your Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
- Power on your player. Using the up or down arrows on your Blu-ray remote, highlight your preferred on screen menu language, and then press OK. English is automatically highlighted by default.
To learn how to change the language, click here.
- The Network Settings appear. Your Ultra HD Blu-ray player will search for available networks in the area and display a list. Use the down arrows on your Blu-ray remote to highlight your network name (SSID) and then press OK.
- The on screen keyboard appears, use the arrows on your Blu-ray remote to enter your network key. Be sure to highlight Done when you are finished entering the network key. If you press the OK button on the Blu-ray remote the last letter highlighted will be entered instead and the network test will fail.
- The player connects to the network and runs a network test. When complete, Next is automatically highlighted, press OK.
- If the network test fails, confirm you have selected the correct network and have entered the network key correctly. If the network test takes about 1 minute or longer to complete this indicates the network key was entered incorrectly.
- If the network test continues to fail power off the player, the router, and the modem. Then power the modem back on and wait for it to connect to the network, then power on the router and wait for it to connect to the modem and it's online indicator is on. Finally, power on the UHD BD player and wait about 30 seconds before going to Settings > Network > Network Status and running another test. You can also go to Settings > Network Settings > Disconnect > and then select IP settings to try connecting to the network again.
- The Smart Hub Terms and Conditions appear. I Agree to All is automatically highlighted, press OK. Next is automatically highlighted. Press OK.
- Using the up or down arrows on your Blu-ray remote, move to the TV aspect ratio supported by your TV, and then press OK. Next is automatically highlighted. Press OK.
- A Setup Complete message appears. Done is automatically highlighted. Press OK.
- The Home screen appears.
Choosing the Aspect Ratio
Most modern HDTVs use 16:9 and most standard definition TVs use 4:3. See below for more information on the different options:
- 16:9 Original: Select if your TV is 16:9 (Widescreen). All content will be displayed at the original aspect ratio. Content formatted in 4:3 will be displayed with black bars on the left and right.
- 16:9 Full: Select if your TV is 16:9 (Widescreen). All content will fill the full screen. Content formatted in 4:3 will be stretched.
- 4:3 Letter Box: Select if your TV is 4:3. All content will be displayed at the original aspect ratio. Content formatted in 16:9 will be displayed with black bars on the top and bottom.
- 4:3 Pan-Scan: Select if your TV is 4:3. All content will be displayed at the original aspect ratio. 16:9 content will have the extreme left and right portion cut off.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.