Updating the Firmware on Your Ultra HD Blu-ray Player (UBD-K8500)
Updating the Firmware on your Ultra HD Blu-ray player can add new features and correct issues you may be experiencing. To update the firmware you will need: - Ultra HD Blu-ray Player connected to a network - Ultra HD Blu-ray Player remote control
To update the firmware through USB, click here to download the latest firmware. Then, unzip the file and transfer the files onto a USB flash drive. After the files have been transferred, insert the USB drive into the Blu-Ray player and update the firmware.
To Update the Firmware on Your Player Using a Network Connection, Follow the Steps Below
Never disconnect or power off your player while it is in the middle of installing a Firmware update, it may cause your player to malfunction.
- Power on your player and wait for the Home Menu to display.
- Using the right and then bottom arrow buttons move to Settings and then press OK.
- The Settings Menu appears. Using the up or down arrow buttons move to Support and then press OK.
- Using the up or down arrow buttons move to Software Update and then press OK.
- Update Now is automatically highlighted, press OK.
- The player connects to the server and checks for updates. This can take from a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes depending on the network environment and server traffic. If it takes longer than a couple of minutes press enter on cancel and try again. If the problem continues run a network to test to check your network and power cycle your player.
- 'There are no new updates for you at the moment' displays if you have the latest Firmware version already installed.
- A prompt appears displaying the current version and the new version, Yes is automatically highlighted press OK.
- A Software Upgrade status screen appears as the player downloads and installs the new Firmware version.
- When the Firmware update is complete the Blu-ray player powers off and then powers back on automatically. This completes the Firmware update.
- Depending on the Firmware update you may have to power on the player after it powers off, press power on the Blu-ray remote or on the front panel.
To reset your Blu-Ray player, navigate to the Main Menu > Support > Reset. The default PIN is 0000.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.