How do I use the Quick connect feature to connect my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ with nearby devices?
Quick connect simplifies sharing content with other devices. Quick connect will find other mobile devices, smart TVs, and Miracast™ devices (such as Chromecast™ or Amazon™ Fire TV stick), and you can share your screen or send pictures, music, videos, and more. Quick connect will use the Bluetooth® feature, Wi-Fi Direct®, or Screen Mirroring, depending on the type of content being shared and whether the other device has Quick connect installed. Some TVs require a connection to the same Wi-Fi® network to share content.
When Quick connect is turned on, other devices will be able to see your device and send sharing requests.
Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Share Content Using Quick Connect
1. To access Quick connect from any menu or application, open the Notification Panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom.
2. Touch Quick connect.
3. Review the Quick connect overview and touch START.
4. If available, turn on Quick connect on the device you are connecting to.
5. A list of nearby devices will display. Touch the name of the device you want to connect to.
6. Touch Share content to send a contact or other content to "Galaxy S6." Depending on the type of device you are connecting to, more options may be available.
7. Touch the type of content you want to share. For this example, touch Image.
8. Find and mark the checkboxes on the pictures you want to share, and then touch DONE.
9. The device you are sharing with will be asked to ACCEPT to receive the files. Touch DECLINE to reject the file sharing.
10. After the files have been accepted and downloaded, they will be downloaded to the corresponding location on the receiving device, such as the Gallery for pictures.
Play/View Content on a TV
Follow the steps below to share content or screen mirror with a smart TV or monitor:
1. Turn on the TV or monitor.
2. To access Quick connect from any menu or application, open the Notification Panel by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom.
3. Touch Quick connect.
4. Touch the name of your TV or monitor in the list of nearby devices that displays.
5. Touch Smart View (play content) to display content from your device on the screen.
6. Select the type of content you want to display on the TV or monitor. Select Image, Video, or Audio.
7. Mark the checkbox on the content you want to display and touch DONE.
8. The first time you connect your mobile device to a TV or monitor, select Allow on the screen to give it access to your mobile device.
9.Your content will display on the screen. You can control playback from your mobile device.
Find a Nearby Device
If the device you want to connect to does not automatically display in the nearby devices list:
1. Make sure the device you want to connect to is turned on and the screen is awake.
2. Turn on Quick connect from the Quick Settings Panel.
- Make sure the device you are connecting to has the Bluetooth feature turned on and the Bluetooth visibility set to be visible to all nearby devices.
- Make sure both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.