Difference Between Internet Explorer and Edge
Microsoft Edge is a new browser that allows you to interact with the webpage that you're on. You can write or type directly onto the webpage and share what you've done with others. Along with being faster and easier to use, Cortana is integrated with this browser to give you a more personalized experience. With Cortana, you can ask what words or phrases in a webpage mean, make reservations without leaving the webpage you're on, or even make reservations to the hotel or restaurant that you're viewing.
Microsoft Edge is the new, default web browser for Windows 10, taking you beyond just browsing to actively engaging with the web through features like Web Note, Reading View, and Cortana.
- Web Note. Microsoft Edge lets you annotate, highlight, and call things out directly on webpages.
- Reading view. Microsoft Edge lets you enjoy and print online articles in a distraction-free layout that's optimized for your screen size. While in reading view, you can also save webpages or PDF files to your reading list, for later viewing.
- Cortana. Cortana is automatically enabled on Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge lets you highlight words for more info and gives you one-click access to things like restaurant reservations and reviews, without leaving the webpage.
|No legacy support. Will not support ActiveX, Browsers Helper Objects (BHOS), VBScript, and other 3rd party toolbars.|
|Faster browsing and renders pages more uniformly across different devices.|
|Cortana is integrated to make browsing personal.|
|Additional goodies added (Reading Mode, make a Webnote, Share the webpage you're on).|
|Legacy Modes which support ActiveX, Browsers Helper Objects (BHOS), VBScript, and other 3rd party toolbars.|
|Optimized for backwards compatibility.|
|Cortana cannot interact with this browser.|
|Toolbars or 3rd party apps are needed.|
Microsoft Edge is the only browser that lets you take notes, write, doodle, and highlight directly on webpages. Then you can save and share your handiwork in all the usual ways. Make notes on recipes, send your partner "subtle hints" about birthday gifts, or just draw mustaches on celebrities—the web is your canvas.
- Select Make a web note to start adding to the page you're on.
- Use the Pen to write with your touchscreen or mouse, Highlight , or Type a note and then Share it.
- Add a typed note
Reading list in Microsoft Edge gives you a place to save articles or other content you want to read later—on the bus, over the weekend—whenever you like. You'll see your reading list on all your Windows 10 devices when you sign in with a Microsoft account.
- In Microsoft Edge, just select Add to favorites or reading list .
- Select Reading list .
- Select Add.
- When you’re ready to read, select Hub .
- Select Reading list .
Read with fewer distractions
- For a clean and simple layout, select Reading view in the address bar to bring whatever you're reading front and center.
- You can even change the reading view style and font size to suit your mood—select More > Settings.
Like cats and videos, some things are just better together. Only Microsoft Edge has your personal assistant, Cortana. Select Cortana and she'll help you to:
- Find the perfect dinner spot. On restaurant websites, Cortana will show you hours, directions, contact info, and menus.
- Save time and money while shopping. On shopping websites, she’ll offer coupons for additional discounts.
Get Answers from Cortana
When you stumble across a topic on the web you’d like to know more about, Cortana is your ready and able, all-knowing guru.
- Highlight a word or phrase and select and hold (or right-click) it.
- Then select Ask Cortana to find out all about it.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*