Setting Up Samsung Pay on Your Gear S2 Beta
Follow the steps below to set up your PIN, and at least one payment card, to begin using Samsung Pay on Gear S2 Beta.
For best results, be sure the Samsung Gear software on your mobile device, your Gear S2, and Samsung Pay on Gear S2 Beta are all up to date.
The screens and steps shown below may vary by wireless service provider and your mobile device.
- From any screen, press and hold the Back key for 1–2 seconds. If this is your first time opening Samsung Pay, it may take a few seconds for it to start.
- Rotate the bezel to the right to view basic instructions, and then touch the blue right arrow icon to start.
- If you have not signed into Samsung Pay on Gear S2 Beta on your mobile device, you will be prompted to do so.
- On your mobile device, from the Home screen, touch the Apps icon.
- Touch the Gear icon.
- Touch Samsung Pay Beta.
- Touch START.
If there is not a Samsung Account on the device, you will need to sign in to or create one.
- Touch ADD CARD to add a payment card to your Gear S2.
You can also touch LATER to add a card at another time. Payment cards must be added to your Gear S2, even if you have already added them to the Samsung Pay app. Payment card data is not exchanged between your mobile device and your Gear S2.
- Touch ENABLE to set up a screen lock on your Gear S2.
- On your Gear S2, enter the four-digit PIN you will use to unlock the screen.
- Enter the PIN again to confirm it.
- On your mobile device, touch Add card.
- Align your card inside the frame to automatically detect the card number and expiration date.
Touch Enter card manually if your device cannot detect the card information.
- Enter the remaining information and touch NEXT.
- Review the terms and conditions, and then touch AGREE TO ALL.
- If necessary, select a method to authenticate your identity using a one-time password (OTP).
- Enter the OTP and touch SUBMIT.
- Touch DONE to complete the process.
After your card is added to Samsung Pay, it will be verified by the payment card network and the card issuer. On average, verification will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes. During that time, you will be unable to use your card in Samsung Pay. After the card is verified, it can be used immediately to make a purchase.