Using the Oven's Self Cleaning Feature (NX58K7850)
This self-cleaning oven uses high temperatures (well above cooking temperatures) to burn off leftover grease and residue completely or reduce them to a finely powdered ash that you can wipe away with a damp cloth.
Do not use the surface burners while the gas oven is performing a self-cleaning cycle.
- Do not leave small children unattended near the range during the selfcleaning cycle. The outside surfaces of the range can get extremely hot.
- Some birds are extremely sensitive to fumes from a self-cleaning gas oven. Relocate birds to a well-ventilated room away from the range.
- Do not line the oven, oven racks, or oven bottom with aluminum foil. Doing so will result in poor heat distribution, produce poor baking results, and cause permanent damage to the oven interior. The aluminum foil will melt onto and adhere to the interior oven surfaces.
- Do not force the oven door open during the self-cleaning cycle. This will damage the automatic door-locking system. The door automatically locks when the self-cleaning cycle is started and stays locked until the cycle is cancelled and the oven temperature is below 392 °F.
- Use caution when opening the oven door after the self-cleaning cycle. The gas oven will still be VERY HOT and hot air and steam might escape when the door is open.
- Wipe off any excess spillage before using the self-cleaning operation.
- Do not use oven cleaners. Commercial oven cleaners or oven liners should NEVER be used in or around any part of the oven. Residue from oven cleaners will damage the inside of the oven during a self-cleaning operation.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.