Using the Smart Stay Feature on Your Galaxy Tab E 8.0
Smart features enhance the way you interact with your device. Using built-in cameras and sensors, your device can coordinate with your movements for seamless operation.
The Smart Stay feature uses the front-facing camera to sense when you are looking at your device so the screen stays on regardless of the screen timeout setting.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings .
- Touch Display > Smart stay.
- Touch the slider to turn Smart stay on .
Smart stay works best under the following conditions:
- When the device is held steady and upright.
- When the device is in well-lit conditions, but the screen is not in direct light.
- When the front-facing camera is not being used by another application.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.