Switching the Door Position (DV50K8600)
• To prevent fire, do not use plastic, thin-foil, or non-metal flexible ducts of any kind.
• Do not use a poor exhaust system because it slows down the dryer’s performance.
• Do not use excessively long ducts that have multiple elbows.
• Do not use crushed or clogged venting or ducts.
To reverse the direction of the door, we recommend that you contact a qualified technician.
It is recommended to put a soft rug on the floor to prevent scratches on the door.
Unplug the power cord of the dryer.
Remove the four hinge screws from the door and then remove the door by lifting it up slightly.
Remove the two screws from the lever holder and then remove the holder cover.
Put the lever holder on the other side as shown and then tighten the screws. Install the holder cover on the opposite side as shown.
Use a flat-head screwdriver to remove the two hinge covers from the original side. Install the hinge covers on the opposite side as shown.
Locate and remove the 14 screws as shown. Not that screw B (x2) is longer than the others.
Remove the glass holder and switch the positions of:
- The hinger cover and the door handle.
- The hinge holder and the glass-guide holder.
Remove the door lever and then move it to the other side as shown.
Remove the hole cover (C) and then insert and tighten the glass holder using the 14 removed screws.
Install the hole cover on the opposite side.
Reinstall the door on the front frame and then carefully insert and tighten the 4 hinge screws.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.