Using Smart Manager on Your Galaxy Tab E 8.0
The Smart Manager application lets you manage your device's battery life, storage, RAM usage, and security all in one place.
Add the Smart Manager Widget
- From a Home screen, touch and hold an empty area on screen.
You can also pinch your fingers together on the screen.
- Touch Widgets.
- Swipe through screens to locate Smart Manager widget. Touch and hold the Smart Manager widget.
- Position the widget and release it to add it to the Home screen. If there is not enough room on the current Home screen, it will be added to the next Home screen with space available.
- You now have easy access to the Smart Manager application through the Smart Manager widget.
Access the Smart Manager
- Swipe to the Home screen containing the Smart Manager widget.
- The Smart Manager widget will display your device's Battery life, available Storage, RAM usage, and Security status.
- Touch CLEAN ALL to clear the RAM status and delete unnecessary data stored on your device.
- Touch Storage in the Smart Manager widget.
- Review the information about your device's used and available system storage.
- Touch DETAIL to view detailed breakdown of your device's Total storage space, Available storage space, System memory, Used storage space, Cached data, and Miscellaneous files. This screen also displays User based storage usage information and SD card information.
- Touch DELETE to delete unnecessary data such as cached, residual, and advertisement files to free up more storage space.
- Touch DETAIL under User data to view and delete unused files and applications on your device. Touch the file(s) to select and then touch DELETE.
The Storage option displays information about your device's used and available system storage space. You have the option to delete unnecessary data and unused files to clear up space on your device.
RAM is the memory location your device temporarily loads information into when executing an application or using other device functions. If the RAM status indicator is full, clearing the RAM on your device will improve your device's performance.
- Touch RAM in the Smart Manager widget.
- RAM screen displays the percentage of RAM used and which Active applications are currently using RAM.
- Touch END to close application or touch END ALL to close all running applications to free up space. Save all work before closing application.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.