How do I set up a Lock Screen Fingerprint on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? (SM-T713 and SM-T813)
When you set a pattern fingerprint, you can protect your personal information by preventing others from accessing your device. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it. Fingerprint recognition uses the unique characteristics of each fingerprint to enhance the security of your device. The likelihood of the fingerprint sensor confusing two different fingerprints is very low. However, in rare cases where separate fingerprints are very similar the sensor may recognize them as identical.
Set Up Fingerprint Lock Screen
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Lock screen and security.
- Touch Screen lock type.
- If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we have to enter the PIN previously registered.
- Touch Fingerprints.
- To use your fingerprints to unlock the device or verify your identity, you must set a pattern, PIN or password to protect your fingerprints. For this example, we choose to set a PIN.
- Create a PIN (with at least four numbers) and touch CONTINUE.
- Retype the PIN to confirm it and touch OK.
- Place the entire pad of your finger, from base to tip, on the Home key. Repeat the procedure until your progress reaches 100%.
- Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen. Then, touch DONE.
Adjust this setting at any time in Apps > Settings > Lock screen and security > Notifications on lock screen > Content on lock screen.
- Press the Power button twice to access lock screen. Then, put your finger on the Home key to unlock the device.
Questions & Answers
Q: When trying to set up lock screen by Fingerprint, screen which requests a PIN, a Pattern, or a Password appears compared to previous device. I have remembered my old device was available to lock by only Fingerprint. Why is this?
A: To use the Fingerprint function on devices based on Android OS 6.0.1, you need to set up PIN, Pattern or Password must be set first. This is Google’s new concept to reinforce the device security and it’s common concept for devices based on Android OS 6.0.1. Accordingly, you can unlock your device with PIN, Pattern or Password which you set even if you set your lock screen as Fingerprint.
Q: Although I had set up lock screen by Fingerprint, my device doesn’t recognize my fingerprint correctly. How can I unlock my device?
A: Swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the screen. A new lock screen using PIN, Pattern or Password will be displayed. Then, input you PIN, Pattern or Password which you set before to unlock your device.
Q: Some applications require to use fingerprint for identification. Must I change my lock screen?
A: To use fingerprint related function, screen lock type must not be “None” or “Swipe”. So if you set lock screen as “None” or “Swipe”, please change lock screen to fingerprint, PIN, Pattern or Password.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*