How Do I Monitor Data Usage on My Samsung Galaxy S6 Active? (SM-G890A)
The Data usage app shows how much data you have used and which apps or services are responsible for your data usage. You can set mobile data limits, view Wi-Fi usage, restrict background data usage, and turn data roaming usage on or off.
View Data Usage
Data usage shown in the Data usage app is measured by your device. Your wireless service provider's data usage accounting may differ.
1. Navigate to Apps > Settings > CONNECTIONS > Data Usage.
2. Your device will display your data usage for the current cycle, along with a graph of its usage. View data usage for individual apps under the graph.
Manage Data Usage
1. Navigate to Apps > Settings > CONNECTIONS > Data usage.
2. Touch Mobile data. Then, select the type of data you want to turn on. Options may vary depending on your data plan.
3. To turn on/off your access to data while roaming outside the U.S. and its territories, touch International Data Roaming.
4. To adjust your data warning limit, touch and drag the limiter up or down.
5. To turn on the Set mobile data limit, touch the slider next to it.
6. To adjust the mobile data limit, touch and drag the red limiter.
When you have reached your mobile data limit, you may receive a message about your data usage. If your mobile data connection has been turned off, you can turn it on anytime by touching the notification about mobile data in the Notification Panel.
Data Usage Options
Touch MORE for the following options:
- Restrict background data: Restrict your device's use of data for background tasks unless it's connected to a Wi-Fi access point.
- Show Wi-Fi usage: Show an additional tab covering the Wi-Fi data usage on your device.
- Restrict networks: To turn on Wi-Fi networks that are mobile hotspots, touch the slider next to it. When you are connected to these networks, you can restrict apps from running in the background and receive a warning before attempting large downloads.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.