How do I force my Samsung Galaxy Note5 to reboot or restart when the screen is frozen or the device is locked up?
In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, you can attempt a force restart. This will turn your device off and back on without affecting any data stored on the device.
• Do not attempt to remove the battery from your device.
• Doing so may damage the device and battery and could cause burning and injury.
• Ensure your device is charged to a minimum of 5%.
• If your battery is below 5%, the device may not turn on after the restart.
• A device that is completely drained should be charged for a minimum of 15 minutes using the wall charger supplied with your device.
To force restart your device, press and hold the Volume down key and Power/Lock key on the device for 10–20 seconds. This performs a simulated battery disconnect.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.