How Do I Set up a Lock Screen PIN on My Samsung Galaxy Tab A? (SM-P550, SM-T550, and SM-T350)
When you set a PIN (with at least four numbers) for the screen lock method, you can protect your personal information by preventing others from accessing your device. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it.
Set up a Lock Screen PIN
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Lock screen and security.
- Touch Screen lock type.
- If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we must draw the pattern previously registered.
- Touch PIN.
- Create a PIN (with at least four numbers) and touch CONTINUE.
- Retype the PIN to confirm it. Then, touch OK.
- Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen, if prompted. Then, touch DONE.
- Press the Power button twice to access lock screen. Then, swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the screen.
- Enter your PIN and touch OK to unlock the device.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.