Opening Apps in Split Screen View on Your Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T710 and SM-T810)
Split screen view lets you multitask by displaying two apps at once.
Open Apps In Split Screen View
- From any screen, touch and hold Recents to select apps to view in the split screen window.
- Touch the Split Screen icon next to the apps you want to open. Not all apps support Split view.
- Touch the second app you want to open.
- Window with blue outline is the active window.
See Multi Window Control below for information on managing your screen space.
Split Screen View Navigation
Touch and drag the control dot between the apps to re-size the windows.
Manage Split Screen View
Touch the control dot between the apps to access the Split screen view controls.
- Switch windows: Move the bottom app to the top window and the top app to the bottom window.
- Drag and drop content: Drag and drop text and pictures from one app to the other. This feature is not supported in all apps.
- Minimize window: Minimizes the active window to an icon. Touch the icon to reopen the app in a free-floating window.
- Maximize window: Maximizes the active window.
- Close app: Closes the active window.
Open an App in a Pop-up
To open an app in a pop-up window:
Open by Swiping
- Open the app.
- Swipe diagonally from top corner towards the center of the screen.
- Touch Recents.
- Touch and hold the app you want to open in a pop-up window.
- Touch and drag the blue outline to resize the pop-up window.
- Touch and drag the control dot at the top of the pop-up window to move.
Open From Recents
Move or Resize Pop-up Window
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.