Electrical Supply and Grounding
Do NOT use an extension cord.
- AC 120 V / 60 Hz fuse or circuit breaker is required.
- Use an individual branch circuit. Connect only the washer to the circuit.
- Use only the power cord that comes with the washer.
- Do NOT connect the ground wire to plastic plumbing, gas lines, or hot water pipes.
- Improperly connected grounding conductors may cause electric shock.
- To prevent unnecessary risk of fire, electrical shock, or personal injury, all wiring and grounding must be done in accordance with local codes, or in the absence of local codes, in accordance with the National Electrical Code, ANSI/ NFPA No. 70-Latest Revision (for the U.S.) or the Canadian Electrical Code CSA C22.1 – Latest Revisions and local codes and ordinances. It is your responsibility to provide adequate electrical service for your washer.
Before using the washer for the first time, check all connections at the water valve and taps for any leaks.
Proper water pressure for this washer is 20-116 psi (137-800 kPa). Water pressure less than 20 psi (137 kPa) will make the water valve malfunction and the washer turn off. Faucets must be within 4 feet (122 cm) of the back of the washer for the provided inlet hoses to be connected.
To reduce the risk of leaks:
- Make sure faucets are easily accessible.
- Turn off the taps when the washer is not in use.
- Check for any leaks at the water inlet hose fittings on a regular basis.
Samsung recommends a standpipe 18 in (46 cm) high. The drain hose must be connected through the hose clip to the standpipe, and the standpipe must fully cover the drain hose.
Do NOT install the washer on a platform or a poorly supported structure.
For best performance, the washer must be installed on a solid floor. Wood floors may need to be reinforced to minimize vibration and/or unbalanced loads. Carpeting and soft tile surfaces do not provide good resistance to vibrations and may cause the washer to move slightly during the spin cycle.
Do not install the washer in areas where water may freeze as the washer always retains some water in its water valves, pumps, and/or hoses. Frozen water left in the connection parts may cause damage to belts, the pump, and other components of the washer.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.