Requirements and Methods for Venting the Range Hood (NK30K7000 & NK36K7000)
This canopy hood is factory set for venting through the roof or wall. A 6 inch (15.2 centimeter) round vent system is needed for installation (not included). The hood exhaust opening is 6 inches (15.2 centimeters) round.
- Vent system must reach outdoors.
- Do not end the vent system in an attic or other enclosed areas.
- Do not use a 4 inch (10.2 centimeter) laundry-type wall cap.
- Using a rigid metal vent is recommended. Plastic or metal foil vents are not recommended.
- The length of the vent system and the number of elbows should be kept to a minimum for efficient performance.
For the Most Quiet and Efficient Operation
- Use no more than three 90-degree elbows.
- Make sure there is a minimum of 24 inches (61 centimeters) of straight vent between the elbows if more than one elbow is used.
- Do not install two elbows together.
- Use clamps to seal all joints in the vent system.
- The vent system must have a damper. If the roof or wall cap has a damper, do not use the damper supplied with the range hood.
- Use caulking to seal the exterior wall or roof around the cap.
- The size of the vent should be uniform.
Flexible venting is not recommended. Flexible venting creates back pressure and air turbulence that greatly reduce performance.
Select a mounting height between a minimum of 24 inches (76.2 centimeters) for an electric cooking surface, a minimum of 30 inches (76.2 centimeters) for a gas cooking surface, and a suggested maximum of 36 inches (91.4 centimeters) above the range to the bottom of the hood.
- The vent system can end through the roof.
- The vent system can end through a wall. To vent through a wall, a 90-degree elbow is needed.
A 90-degree elbow may be installed right above the hood.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.