Using the Virtual Keyboard on the Spin (NP740U3L & NP740U5L)
Windows offers an on-screen keyboard that lets you type without a physical keyboard. You can also type when using the computer as a tablet.
Setting Up the On-Screen Keyboard
To access the on-screen keyboard quickly:
- Right-click the taskbar.
- Click Show touch keyboard button.
- Click on the Touch Keyboard icon on the taskbar.
- To type with the on-screen keyboard, you can use the touchscreen or the mouse.
Changing the Keyboard Layout
To change the layout of the on-screen keyboard:
- Click the Touch Keyboard icon on the taskbar.
- Click the Keyboard icon.
- Select the desired layout.
- Simplified Qwerty is the default layout.
- Split Qwerty is ergonomic and requires two hands.
- Handwriting lets you write words onto the screen and translates it into text.