Normal Operating Noises on Your Induction Cooktop
The following sounds produced by the cooktop while in use are normal and do not indicate any defects.
- Cracking Sounds: You may hear cracking sounds when using cookware comprised of 2 or more different materials.
- Whistling: You may hear a whistling sound when both back burners are being used. This is caused by vibrations. The whistling sound may vary depending on the weight or material of the cookware or the type of food being cooked. The sound can be reduced by using thicker cookware.
- Humming: You may hear humming when an element is set to a high power setting. This sound is a result of energy transmission and it will disappear when the cooktop is turned off.
- Clicking: Electrical switches are running.
- Hissing, Buzzing: You may hear a fan-like sound while using the cooktop. You may continue to hear it even after the cooktop has been turned off. The fan continues to run to reduce the temperature inside the cooktop. The fan will automatically turn off after a short period of time.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.