Using the Clean Feature on Your Electric Single Wall Oven (NV51K6650S)
Use these four fetaures to make cleaning your oven a whole lot easier:
- The Self-Cleaning function uses high temperatures to burn leftover grease and residue completely down to powdered ash.
- The Steam Cleaning function uses steam to lift leftover grease and residue.
- The Descale function removes minerals from the oven that affect the taste of food.
- The Draining function drains residule water which affects the cooking modes.
- Touch the Self Clean 2/3/5h key.
Remove oven racks and accessories from your oven before starting the Self-Cleaning mode.
- To select between 2/3/5h clean time, touch the Self Clean 2/3/5h key repeatedly until the desired setting is displayed. For this example, set the oven to 5 hours by touching the Self Clean 2/3/5h key twice.
- To start the Self-Cleaning operation, touch the START/SET key.
- To turn off the Self-Cleaning operation, touch the OVEN OFF key.
- When the self-cleaning operation is done, the screen will display "End" and the oven will beep 6 times.
- After the oven has cooled down, open the door and wipe the oven's interior clean with a damp cloth. If white spots remain, remove them with a soap-filled steel wool pad, and rinse thoroughly with vinegar and water mixture.
The oven door stays locked until the oven has cooled down. This typically takes around 1 hour.
- Pour approximately 23 ounces (700 milliliters) of water into the water reservoir. Then, close the oven door.
- Touch the Steam Clean key.
Remove oven racks and accessories from your oven before starting the Steam Clean mode.
- To start the Steam Cleaning operation, touch the START/SET key.
- When the operation is complete, the display will blink and a beep will sound. Then, touch the OVEN OFF key.
- Once the oven cools off, clean the oven's interior. There will be a significant amount of water remaining on the bottom of the oven after a Steam Cleaning cycle. Remove the residual water with a sponge or soft dry cloth.
Use caution when opening the door after a Steam Cleaning procedure has ended as the water on the bottom is hot. After cleaning, leave the door open at a 15-degree angle to allow the interior enamel surface to dry thoroughly.
- Empty and clean the water reservoir. Then, fill it with 1.75 ounces (50 milliliters) of descaling agent and 13.5 ounces (400 milliliters) of water.
For the correct ratio of water to descaling agent, follow the descaling agent manufacturer’s instructions.
- Touch the Descale key.
- Touch the START/SET key.
- The Descaling operation has 5 steps. The display will notify you as each step occurs.
- When the oven reaches step 4, Out will appear on the display. Remove and empty the water reservoir. Then, refill it with 13.5 ounces (400 milliliters) of drinkable water.
- Reinsert the reservoir.
- Touch the START/SET key to continue the descaling process.
The oven will continue to rinse and drain for 5 minutes. Then, it will move on to step 5.
- When Step 5 is complete, Out will appear on the display. Remove and clean the water reservoir. Then, reinsert the water reservoir.
- Touch the START/SET key. The oven will beep, indicating that the descaling is complete.
- Touch the Drain key.
- After draining is complete, remove and empty the water reservoir using oven mitts.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.