How can I Monitor and Extend the Battery Life for My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? (SM-T818V)
When your battery is running low or it will be a while before you charge it, follow the steps and tips below to get the most out of your battery life.
Ways to charge your battery properly and safely:
- To charge your tablet, use only the supplied Samsung USB/charging cables and avoid third-party accessories.
- Ensure the USB/charging cable is connected securely and is not being blocked by your tablet cover or case.
- Make sure the battery or charging indicator appears on the device's display when the USB/charging cable is connected.
- Use the outlet on your wall instead of your computer for best results.
- Disconnect the device from the USB/charging cable after the battery is fully charged.
Power Saving Tips
To help you save battery power, your device provides a couple of power saving options. By customizing these options and deactivating certain features, you can use the device longer between charges.
Change your display settings:
- Decrease the duration of your screen timeout setting.
- Reduce the brightness of your screen or use Automatic brightness.
- Decrease the duration of your touch key light.
- Turn off the Screensaver.
Turn off idle apps and services:
- Bluetooth feature
- GPS service
- Various location services
- Mobile data connection
- Auto-sync functions
- Smart stay and Smart Pause
- Live wallpapers
Monitor Battery Life
- Navigate to and touch Apps > Settings > Battery.
- The estimated past and predicted usage time is displayed. The last full charge and the estimated usage time remaining will also be displayed.
Ultra Power Saving Mode
The use of Ultra power saving mode will switch your device's screen to grayscale and turn off nonessential apps for maximum battery life usage.
- Navigate to and touch Apps > Settings > Power saving.
- Touch Ultra power saving mode. Then, touch the slider.
- Your screen will be displayed in grayscale. You can add apps that you want to access during Ultra power saving mode by touching an Add icon.
- To turn off the feature, touch MORE > Turn off Ultra power saving mode.
To adjust network connections, sound, and display settings, touch MORE > Settings.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.