Opening Samsung Pay on my Samsung Gear S3 (SM-R760, SM-R765, SM-R770)
Screens and steps shown below may vary by wireless service provider and your mobile device.
Press and hold the Back key on your Gear S3 for 1–2 seconds to open Samsung Pay. Enter your PIN to verify your identity. Once you enter your PIN while wearing your Gear S3, you do not have to enter it again until you remove it from your wrist.
Follow the steps below when opening Samsung Pay on your Gear S3 for the first time.
Open Samsung Pay for the First Time
If this is your first time opening Samsung Pay, follow the steps below to set up your PIN. At least one payment card must be added to begin using Samsung Pay on your Gear S3.
- From any screen, press and hold the Back key for 1–2 seconds. If this is your first time opening Samsung Pay, it may take a few seconds for it to start.
- Rotate the bezel to the right to view basic instructions, and then touch the arrow to begin setting up Samsung Pay.
- If you have not signed into your Samsung account, you will be required to sign in. Touch OK to continue.
- On your mobile device, touch START.
- To add a payment card, touch ADD CARD.
You can also touch LATER to add a card at another time. Payment cards must be added to your Gear S3, even if you have already added them to the Samsung Pay app. Payment card data is not exchanged between your mobile device and your Gear S3.
- Touch TURN ON to set up a secure screen lock if you don't already have one set.
- On your Gear S3, enter a four-digit PIN.
- Enter the PIN again to confirm it.
- Touch NEXT to begin setting up your payment card.
- Align your card inside the frame to automatically detect the card number and expiration date.
Touch Enter card manually if your device cannot detect the card information.
- Enter any incomplete information and touch NEXT.
- Enter the billing address associated with your card and touch NEXT.
- Review the terms of service and touch AGREE TO ALL.
- If necessary, select a method to authenticate your identity using a one-time password (OTP).
- Enter the OTP and touch SUBMIT.
- Sign your name in the field and touch SAVE.
- Touch DONE to complete the process.
After your card is added to Samsung Pay, it will be verified by the payment card network and the card issuer. On average, verification will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes. During that time, you will be unable to use your card in Samsung Pay. After the card is verified, it can be used immediately to make a purchase.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*