Using the Bluetooth Feature on Your Galaxy S7 Active
Bluetooth technology is a wireless connectivity feature that has low power consumption but a short interconnection range. You can connect to various wireless devices that are Bluetooth enabled such as wireless speakers, wireless headsets and entertainment devices. Through this feature, you can share various content with connected devices and connect to Bluetooth enabled cars.
The Bluetooth communication range is approximately 30 feet.
Connect to a Bluetooth Device
If you are connecting to an older Bluetooth device, you may be asked for a PIN. The default PIN for many devices is four zeros—0000. Some devices have PINs specific to the device. The PIN will be in the device’s documentation.
To connect with a Bluetooth device, Bluetooth must first be turned on and in discoverable mode or visible.
- Navigate to Apps > Settings > Connections.
- Touch Bluetooth.
You can also turn on your device's Bluetooth transmitter using the Quick Panel shortcut. Open the Notification Panel by swiping down from the top of the screen. Then, touch Bluetooth.
- Touch the name of the device you want to connect to.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for the pairing request.
Make sure the device you are attempting to connect to has been turned on.
- After the devices are connected, the devices you selected to pair with will now appear under Paired devices.
If the paired device does not appear under the Paired devices list, make sure your Bluetooth is on.
- Navigate to Apps > Settings > Bluetooth.
- Touch the Settings icon next to the name of the device you want to unpair.
- To disconnect the device, touch Unpair.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*