Frequently Asked Questions About Samsung VR
Samsung VR is a premium video service offering the best in 360 and immersive content. With your Galaxy phone and a Gear VR, you can go anywhere - ride in a jet plane, explore the far reaches of the universe, peek in on a hot concert and more. Download Samsung VR and start experiencing video like you’ve never experienced before.
- I noticed that there are 360 degree interactive/exploratory videos in Samsung VR like the hotspots in GONE. Can I use those features with my videos?
- We are still working on improving our interactive tools before releasing them. Feel free to contact us via our Support Page in Samsungvr.com with your ideas on how you would like to use 360 interactive.
- What is the difference between Samsung VR platforms (Samsung VR for Gear VR, Samsung VR mobile for Android, and samsungvr.com)?
- Samsung VR for Gear VR is our headset application which offers a fully immersive virtual reality experience and compelling content library. NOTE:Interactive content is limited to this platform, as is 3D stereoscopic media. Samsung VR mobile is a regular Android application. You can stream 360 videos without having to mount your device on a Gear VR headset. You can browse and play videos available from the Samsung VR service, Gallery Videos , and videos available from a DLNA Media Server. Samsung VR mobile can be a great companion application for Samsung VR for Gear VR. With Samsung VR for Gear VR installed on your device, you can:
- Launch a video directly into Samsung VR for Gear VR from Samsung VR mobile.
- Download videos to watch in-headset for offline viewing.
- Sign in from one application and be automatically signed into the other.
Samsungvr.com is the home of our web experience and CREATOR PORTAL. Videos can be viewed in 360 degrees and content can be uploaded and managed when logged into the site.
- Can multiple Gear VRs running Samsung VR synchronize their video playback?
- Yes, you can synchronize video playback on multiple Gear VRs for events, amusement park rides, etc. See our Gear VR Synchronization page for more information (https://Samsungvr.com/portal/content/gear_vr_synchronization).
- Can I upload my own 360 videos?
- Yes, you can. You can upload your 360 videos on Samsungvr.com. For detailed instruction on uploading content and content privacy settings, refer to our Content Uploading Guidelines on Samsungvr.com. Also, you can refer to our Content Production Guidelines and our Content Specs in the website for 360 content production tips and detailed technical specifications.
- I have a technical question, who do I ask?
- For more technical questions and answers, refer to our Gear VR and Mobile App Tech FAQs on Samsungvr.com
- What web browsers are recommended for 360 video playback?
- In our testing, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the two browsers that gave us the best 360 video playback experience. If applicable, please also ensure that the proper video card drivers are installed on your system.
- Can I change the viewing angle in Samsung VR so that I can easily watch content while leaning back or lying down?
- Yes. Outside of the video player, move your head into the position you desire and double click the Back button.
- Does Samsung VR run on other virtual reality headsets?
- No, currently Samsung VR is only available for Gear VR.
- Is there a way to zoom in or out while watching videos with Samsung VR for Gear VR?
- No, the Samsungvr.com website and the mobile app support zooming in and out while watching videos.
- Does the Samsung VR service support streaming of stereoscopic 360 videos?
- Yes. In Samsung VR for Gear VR, videos with a "3D" icon in the lower right corner are stereoscopic videos.
How would you like to contact us?
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with new/existing order
(1-855-726-8721) Samsung experts standing by 8 am to 12 am EST, 7 days a week
Give us a call Speak directly with a Samsung Pro or schedule a time for us to call you
General Mon-Fri: 8am- 12 am (EST) Sat-Sun:9am - 11 pm (EST) 1-800-726-7864
Mobile Mon - Sun: 12am - 12 pm 1-800-726-7864
Home Appliances Sat-Sun:9am -6pm(EST) 1-800-726-7864