Frequently Asked Questions About Galaxy Apps
Galaxy Apps is Samsung's exclusive app store for Samsung devices only. Browse through tons of neat apps for your Samsung Gear, phone, or tablet. Curious about Galaxy Apps and want to learn more? Check out some FAQs and satisfy your curiosity. If your question isn't listed below, contact us and we'll be happy to help!
- I can't find Galaxy Apps on my device.
Galaxy Apps is only available for Samsung devices. If you're using a Samsung phone or tablet, you can use the search function inside Apps to find Galaxy Apps.
- How can I learn more about Galaxy Apps?
Apps registered in Galaxy Apps can be downloaded and installed at the same time. Please note that the service availability may vary by service provider and country.
- What is a push notification?
A push notification is used to give your device updates to Samsung services, useful tips, and promotional events.
- What apps are compatible with my device?
Galaxy Apps only displays apps that are compatible with your device.
- Can I disable push notifications?
If you do not want to receive push notifications from Galaxy Apps, select More Options > Settings > Notifications and then touch the slider next to ON to turn off notifications. You will no longer receive push notifications from Samsung Galaxy Apps.
- Can I share app information with my friends on social networks?
You can share information from apps with various services installed on your device, including Facebook and Twitter.
- I don't have a Gear, but Gear apps are shown in Galaxy Apps.
The Gear tab shows apps supported by the latest Gear device. This means that current Gear apps can be seen in the tab, and when a new Gear is released, supported apps will be shown.
- Can I reactivate push notifications?
From Galaxy Apps, touch More Options > Settings > Notifications, and then touch the slider to turn notifications back on.
- How do I ask a seller questions about an app?
Open Samsung Galaxy Apps and navigate to an app's details page. Swipe to and touch VIEW ALL next to Seller info on the app details page. You can Visit website or Send email to the seller.
- After connecting a new Gear device, are new apps shown?
If you connect a Galaxy device to a Gear device, you will be able to see the apps that support the specific Gear device.
- Can I get Gear apps from the existing Samsung Gear app?
Yes, you can. Via Samsung Gear, you will be accessing the Gear tab of the Galaxy Apps app.
- I do not see Gear apps in the top tab.
The Top tab only shows rankings of general apps. For Gear app rankings, navigate to the Gear tab.
- Is the Gear tab available on all devices?
You can see the Gear tab in the latest Galaxy phones that can be connected to Gear. Gear apps are not supported in devices that don't support Gear, and the Gear tab will not be shown.
Payment and Purchase FAQs
- Can I get a refund for a purchased app?
Apps successfully purchased will not be subject to refund or cancellation from the time that the download begins. If an app has a material defect, the app will be replaced, downloaded again, or a coupon will be provided for the equivalent purchase value. Touch More Options > Help > Contact us to submit your inquiry if you have a question about a refund.
- How do I purchase an app?
Apps can be purchased with a credit card, or phone billing. Phone billing is only available in certain territories, and at the seller's discretion.
- How do I edit my credit card information?
To register or change your credit card information:
- Open Samsung Galaxy Apps.
- Touch More Options > Sign in.
- Touch More Options > My apps.
- Touch Payment methods > Credit card.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register or change credit card information.
- You can register only 1 credit card at a time. A new card can be added when the previous card is removed.
- Please note that Galaxy Apps makes a minimum authorization charge to confirm your credit card information. However, you will not actually be charged.
- How do I register a coupon or gift card?
To redeem your Samsung Galaxy Apps coupon or gift card:
- Open Galaxy Apps.
- Touch More Options > Sign in.
- Touch More Options > My apps.
- Touch Payment methods.
- Touch Coupons and then touch REGISTER to register your gift card or coupon.
- How do I use a coupon to purchase an app?
You can check available coupons in Galaxy Apps.
Please note the following when using your coupon:
- You can use one coupon per app.
- You cannot use a coupon for a discounted item.
- If a coupon expires, it automatically disappears from your list.
- If you cancel the payment before downloading the app, the unused coupon will be restored.
- If you wish to purchase an app of a greater value than the coupon, you can pay the balance with your credit card.
- The unused balance of a coupon cannot be refunded or put on hold.
- Why is my credit card charged when I add it to Galaxy Apps?
When you set up a credit card, Samsung Galaxy Apps places a minimum authorization hold to confirm your credit card information. However, you will not actually be charged.
App Error FAQs
- How can I find apps that were previously installed on my device?
You can find previously downloaded apps, as well as purchased apps at any time from the My Apps section of Galaxy Apps.
- You may not be able to redownload an app if the service cannot be provided due to contractual changes with the seller, fatal errors in the app, or any other reasons that have caused app services to be disabled.
- What do I do when an app freezes during download?
If downloading was interrupted and failed, please check your network or internet connection and try it again.
- Purchased apps can be redownloaded at any time without any additional charge.
- How do I update apps?
Apps that have updates available can be seen in the My apps section of Galaxy Apps.
- I can't connect to a mobile network.
Please check the network connection status and try again. A maximum download speed may apply if the mobile network connection is poor. In that case, try downloading the content using Wi-Fi.
- I receive a "Network unavailable" error when using a specific Wi-Fi connection.
In certain Wi-Fi zones, users may have to log in to the website of the Wi-Fi provider first. Please check your Wi-fi network environment and try again.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.