Frequently Asked Questions About Galaxy Apps
Common questions about Galaxy Apps
- How can I learn more about Galaxy Apps?
- Users can access information about the applications registered in Galaxy Apps as well as the Google Play Store. Applications registered in Galaxy Apps can be downloaded and installed at the same time. Please note that the service availability may vary by service provider and country.
- What is a push notification?
- A push notification is used to send your device updates to Samsung services, useful tips, and promotional events.
- What apps are compatible with my device?
- Galaxy Apps only displays applications that are compatible with your device.
- Can I disable push notifications?
- If you do not wish to receive push notifications from Galaxy Apps, Select [More] > [Settings] > [Push notification] > [Off], and you will no longer receive push notifications from [Samsung Galaxy Apps].
- Can I share app information with my friends on social networks?
- You can share information from applications with various services installed on your device, including Facebook and Twitter.
- I don't have a Gear, but Gear apps are shown in Galaxy Apps.
- The Gear tab shows apps supported by the latest Gear device. This means that current Gear apps can be seen in the tab, and when a new Gear is released, supported apps will be shown.
- Can I reactivate push notifications?
- From Galaxy Apps, access [Settings] > [Push notification], and then select [On].
- Asking questions about an application to seller.
- On device, access Samsung Galaxy Apps from your device and click [Seller info] button in the applications DETAILS page and [Visit website] or [Send email] of the seller.
- After connecting a new Gear device, new apps are shown?
- If you connect a Galaxy device to such a Gear device, you will be able to see the apps that support the specific Gear device.
- Can I get Gear apps from the existing Samsung Gear app?
- Yes, you can. Via the Samsung Gear, you will be accessing the [Gear] tab of the Galaxy Apps app.
- I do not see Gear apps in the top tab.
- The Top tab only shows rankings of general apps. For Gear app rankings, go to the Gear tab.
- Is the Gear tab available in all devices?
- You can see the [Gear] tab in the latest Galaxy smartphones which can be connected to Gear. Gear apps are not supported in devices which don't support Gear, and the [Gear] tab will not be shown either.
- Can I get a refund for a purchased app?
- Applications successfully purchased will not be subject to refund or cancellation from the time that the download is commenced. If an application has a material defect, the application will be replaced, downloaded again or a coupon provided for the equivalent purchase value. Tap Contact us to submit your inquiry if you have a question about a refund.
- Purchasing an app.
- Apps can be purchased with a credit card, or phone billing. Phone billing is only available in certain territories, and at the seller's discretion.
- Editing credit card information.
To register or change your credit card information:
- Open Samsung Galaxy Apps.
- Sign in.
- Select More > My apps.
- Select Payment method > Credit card.
- Register or change credit card information.
- You can register only 1 credit card at a time a new card can be added when the previous card is removed.
- Please note that Galaxy Apps makes a minimum authorization charge to confirm your credit card information. However, you will not actually be charged.
- Register a coupon or gift card.
To redeem your Samsung Galaxy Apps coupon or gift card:
- Open Galaxy Apps.
- Sign in.
- Click My apps.
- Select Membership benefits.
- Select Promotional gifts and coupons and enter the code to register your gift card or coupon.
- How to use a coupon to purchase an app.
You can check available coupons in Galaxy Apps from the device.
Please note the following when using your coupon:
- You can use one coupon per application.
- You cannot use a coupon for a discounted item.
- If a coupon expires, it automatically disappears from your list.
- If you cancel the payment before downloading the application, the unused coupon will be restored.
- If you wish to purchase an application of a greater value than the coupon, you can pay the balance with your credit card.
- The unused balance of a coupon cannot be refunded or put on hold.
- Why is my credit card charged when I add it to Galaxy Apps?
- When you set up a credit card, Samsung Galaxy Apps places a minimum authorization hold to confirm your credit card information. However, you will not actually be charged.
App error FAQ's
- How can I find apps that were previously installed on my device?
You can find previously downloaded applications, as well as purchased applications at any time from the My Apps section of Galaxy Apps.
- You may not be able to re-download an application if the service cannot be provided due to contractual changes with the seller, fatal errors in the application or any other reasons that have caused application services to be disabled.
- What do I do when an app freezes during download?
If downloading was interrupted and failed, please check your network or internet connection and try it again.
- Purchased applications can be redownloaded at any time without any additional charge.
- How do I update apps?
- Apps that have updates available can be seen in the My apps section of Galaxy Apps.
- I can't connect to a mobile network.
- Please check the network connection status and try again. A maximum download speed may apply if the mobile network connection is poor. In that case, try downloading the contents using Wi-Fi.
- I receive a "Network unavailable" error when using a specific Wi-Fi connection.
- In certain Wi-Fi zones, users may have to log in to the website of the Wi-Fi provider first. Please check your Wi-fi network environment and try again.
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.