The Battery Drains Too Fast
When the battery drains faster than it should, certain settings or apps may be using too much battery. Use the tips below to maximize battery life and get the most out of your Samsung phone.
Verify the phone, charger and USB cable have no physical or liquid damage.
Identify Settings Affecting Battery Life
Follow the steps below to determine what is taking up the most battery life:
From the Home Screen, touch Apps.
Search for and click on Device Maintenance.
Touch the Battery icon.
A summary screen displays battery usage by apps. Apps that are using a large percentage of battery can be closed.
Power saving modes can be enabled from this screen.
The power saving mode can be customized to individual preferences.
Other Tips to Increase Battery Life
- Turn off Bluetooth or Wi-Fi when not in use
- Turn on Airplane Mode when connectivity isn’t needed
- Turn off Background Data
- Turn off Auto Sync
- Adjust Location settings or disable Location
- Reduce the Brightness of your screen
- Decrease screen timeout settings
- Disable any themes with animations or larger file size
- Disable Live wallpaper
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.
Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7*