Why is my Samsung Galaxy phone does not update the software?
Software updates are like oil changes and tune-ups for your phone or tablets - they keep things running smoothly. They also help improve the user interface, enhance security, and remove minor bugs. We recommend updating the software whenever a new version is available so you can make sure your device stays in tip-top shape.
If a system update is available, you should install it to keep your phone or tablet running smoothly. However, please be aware that during the update process, your device cannot be used and files will be inaccessible. You also will not be able to make calls, even to emergency services. Additionally, there may be some differences to the device's interface when the update completes.
1. Swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen and tap the Settings icon.
2. Swipe to and then tap Software update, or System updates. It will vary between models.
3. Tap Download and install, or Check for system updates. If an update is available it will begin downloading. When the download is complete follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
You can also tap the switch to enable or disable Auto download over Wi-Fi. When this option is turned on, your phone or tablet will automatically update when it's connected to a Wi-Fi network. If this option is turned off, you will need to update your device manually.
If you'd like to see the software version currently on your device, open Settings, select About phone or About tablet, and then tap Software information.
Not only is Smart Switch great for transferring data, it’s also an easy way to update your device’s software. When you open Smart Switch on your Mac or Windows PC, you’ll see an option to update to a new software version if one is available.
Software Update via Smart Switch
1. Use the USB cable included with your Galaxy device to connect it to a computer with Smart Switch installed. You may need a USB adapter with some PCs.
2. Open Smart Switch on the computer and allow it to detect the device. If an update is available, the Update button will appear.
3. Click Update on your PC and follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
Note: Don't disconnect the USB cable or use your device until the update is complete. Your Galaxy device will reboot as part of the update process.