You’ve already bought an incredible TV
Now you could win
Loving your new TV? Simply leave a review to help others discover a Samsung TV and you’ll go into the draw to
win a top of the range Samsung Q-Series Soundbar Q800T, valued at $999 RRP. This is no ordinary Soundbar.
Its sleek design transforms your TV into a cinematic experience that will make your entertainment come alive.
Scan the below QR code using the Camera app on your phone. Open the link and leave your review.
There was an error getting a QR code:
We recommend using your mobile or desktop for the best review experience.
Terms and conditions
The Promotion is for a Prize which may be won by an Eligible Entrant who makes an Eligible Entry during the Promotional Period in accordance with these T&Cs.
Australian residents aged 18years and over who own any of the following 2020 Samsung TVs:
- Q950T QLED 8K
- Q800T QLED 8K
- Q95T QLED 4K
- Q80T QLED 4K
- Q70T QLED 4K
- Q60T QLED 4K
- LS05T The Sero
- LS03T The Frame
- LS01T The Serif
- TU8000 Crystal UHD
- LST7T The Terrace
(Eligible TV), excluding employees of the Promoter and any agency associated with this Promotion, and their immediate family. Only one entry allowed per Eligible TV
Eligible Entrants must:
- go to the Samsung AdTile Review webpage hosted on Samsung.com which can be opened from the Eligible Entrant’s Eligible TV native browser;
- either scan the QR code using their mobile phone, enter their mobile phone number or access the website URL listed on the screen directly and follow the prompts to register themselves. Registration occurs by entering their Full Name and Email address.
- submit a completed review for the model of Eligible TV they have purchased; and
- comply with these T&Cs and all reasonable directions of the Promoter.
For the avoidance of doubt, all entries will be treated equally regardless of whether they include a positive or negative review.
Promotional Period (time in Sydney, NSW)
Start time and date:
9:00 AM, Wednesday, 1 July 2020
End time and date:
11:59 PM, Monday, 30 November 2020
1x Soundbar Q800T, valued at $AUD 999.00. There is a maximum of 1 Prize available in total. Total Prize pool valued at $AUD 999.00.
Maximum entries per entrant: 1
Maximum Prizes per entrant: 1
- The Promoter will compile all Eligible Entries as soon as practicable following the end of the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter will conduct the Draw on the Draw Date at its offices (specified below). The Promoter will draw one entry at random from all Eligible Entries, such that each Eligible Entry has an equal chance of winning the Prize.
- The Eligible Entrant who submitted the Eligible Entry that is drawn by the Promoter wins the Prize (the “Winner”).
11:00 AM, Monday, 14 December 2020
11:00 AM, Monday, 15 March 2021
Distribution of Prize(s)
- The Winner will be contacted by email within two business days of being drawn as a Winner. The email will include information in relation to claiming their Prize and may request details for the purposes of delivering the Prize. At any time during communication with a Winner or an entrant (whether or not an Eligible Entrant), the Promoter may reasonably request further information from that person, including to verify the identity of the entrant, that the entrant is an Eligible Entrant and that the entrant has complied with these T&Cs.
- The Promoter will distribute the Prize to the Winner by email or mail, as appropriate and as notified to that Winner, within 28 days of the Draw.
Second chance draw
If a Winner cannot be contacted within three (3) months of the Promoter’s attempts to contact them, is not able to satisfy these T&Cs, or forfeits or fails to accept their Prize, then the Promoter will contact the relevant Australian regulatory authority ("Authority") and will comply with the directions of that Authority. With the consent of each Authority (as necessary), the Promoter will conduct a re-draw in the same way and at the same place as the Draw was conducted, on the Re-Draw Date, the winner of which will be the second chance winner ("Second Chance Winner"). The Second Chance Winner will be notified that they have won a Prize in the same manner as each Winner was notified. These T&Cs apply to a Second Chance Winner as if they were a Winner.
Publication of Winner(s)
Samsung AdTile Review webpage hosted on http://www.samsung.com/au/review-tv
- Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these T&Cs.
- This Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- The Promotional Period may be extended in the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these T&Cs or who tampers with the entry process. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Entrants are responsible for ensuring their correct personal information is provided and any updated details are notified to the Promoter.
- Each Winner or Second Chance Winner (if any) is responsible for all ancillary costs associated with the Prize, including, but not limited to, costs in connection with accessories, network services of any description, data charges and installation costs.
- Entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the Promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant. Ineligible or late entries will be deemed to be invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for late, lost, misdirected, ineligible or illegible / inaudible entries.
- The Promoter may, in its sole and absolute discretion, ignore any entry which it deems to be offensive or inappropriate, which includes or is suspected of including or breaching third party intellectual property rights, which is not the entrant’s original work, or which otherwise fails to comply with these T&Cs.
- Each Eligible Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter will own all rights and title to their entry once submitted and that the Promoter may use the reviews submitted as part of each entry for any reason including marketing and promoting the Eligible TVs and/or the Promoter’s business generally.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to: (a) disqualify any entrant; or (b) modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- Except for liability which cannot be excluded as a matter of law, including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) ("CCA"), the Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including any tax liability.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 002 915 648)
3 Murray Rose Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127, Australia
Phone: 1300 362 603
Effective: 6 February 2019
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following types of personal information:
- identification information, including your age or date of birth and gender;
- contact information, including mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
- preferences you have submitted, including your preferred settings for your use of the Services;
- financial information, including bank details, credit card information or other information about your financial circumstances, as applicable;
- information related to any Devices or Services you enquire about or purchase;
- comments you make on our websites or blogs, information you provide to us through customer surveys, promotions and competitions, and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our websites or Services or to our representatives;
- your hardware model, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, and the settings, including the regional and language settings, of the Device you use to access the Services;
- information required for registration for our Services, as applicable;
- details of the Services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Information We Collect
We may collect these types of personal information either:
- directly from you;
- through your use of our Services; or
- from third party sources.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but if you do so we may not be able to provide you with certain Services or it may affect your ability to use or receive some Services.
Information you provide directly
We may collect information directly from you:
To provide and improve our products and services
- we may sometimes collect personal information to assess and analyse our market, customers and Services, to enable us to monitor, review and improve the Services which we offer and for internal record keeping purposes. Subject to the direct marketing section below, we may also use your personal information for marketing purposes.
For surveys, promotions or competitions
- we may collect information from you in customer surveys, prize draws, competitions or promotions. We may also use this information to monitor or improve customer satisfaction, to improve our Services and (subject to the direct marketing section below) for marketing purposes.
To assist with your queries
- you may choose to provide us with your name or other contact details when you call us by phone, write to us or email us, so that we can respond to your query and send you information about our products and services.
When you use our websites
As part of our general business operations and administration
- Samsung may collect personal information from you in relation to its general business operations and administration. This may include information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers, related companies, agents, advisors, corporate customers and business partners.
For employment and contracting
Information about your use of the Services
In addition to the information you provide, we may collect information about your use of our Services through software on your device and other means. For example, we may collect:
Device and online information
- such as your hardware model, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, and the settings of the Device you use to access the Services.
- such as the time and duration of your use of a Service, search query terms you enter through the Services, and any information stored in cookies that we have set on your Device.
- such as your Device’s GPS signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain Services.
- about your use of the Services, such as the apps you use, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content offered through a Service.
As part of our general business operations and administration
- Samsung also collects personal information in relation to its general business operations and administration. This may include information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers, related companies, agents, advisors, corporate customers and business partners.
Information from third-party sources
Other Information We Collect
We may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways described to you in any applicable terms and conditions, terms of service or collection statements.
Use and Sharing of Information
We use the personal information we collect (and may combine it with other information about you) to, among other things
- Provide the Services you request;
- Understand the way you use the Services so that we can improve your experience; and
- Provide customised content and advertising.
- Affiliates—the Samsung family of companies.
- Business partners—trusted companies that may provide information about products and services you might like.
- Service providers and suppliers— including companies that provide services to, for, or on behalf of Samsung.
- Law enforcement—when we are required to do so or to protect Samsung and its users.
How do we use your information and why?
We may use personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- to register you or your device for a Service;
- to provide a Service or feature you request and to operate our websites and online platforms;
- to assist with your queries;
- to provide customised content and make recommendations based on your past activities on our Services;
- to maintain and develop our business systems, including for testing and upgrading purposes;
- for our general business operations and administration;
- to register you on our websites, to administer our website Services (including processing any searches or requests for information about our Services), and to allow you to use those Services (e.g. blogs, open forums, location based services and discussion pages);
- for advertising, such as providing customised advertisements and sponsored content and sending you promotional communications;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers and Services (including asking you for your opinions on our Services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way people use our Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide maintenance services for your device;
- to conduct customer surveys, competitions, prize draws or promotions, as permitted by law;
- as required or authorised by law; and
- otherwise with your consent.
To whom do we disclose your personal information and why?
- Affiliates. Your information may be shared among Samsung affiliates. We may disclose your information to any company in the Samsung group (which includes our affiliates and related companies, contractors to whom we have outsourced the provision of services to our customers and any other entity operating under the Samsung brand name with authority from Samsung).
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our trusted business partners, including wireless carriers. These entities may use your information to provide you with services you request, make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials.
- Service providers and suppliers. We may disclose your information to our service providers, suppliers, contractors, dealers, distributors, resellers, repair centres, agents, and business partners who help us deliver a Service to you or provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with billing or that send emails on our behalf.
- Our Professional Advisers. We may disclose your information to our professional advisors in the course of obtaining professional advice.
- Other Parties When Required or Authorised by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we, or any of our respective affiliates or business partners, disclose your information to
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
- Other Parties in Connection With Corporate Transactions. We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy. We may disclose your personal information to anyone to whom all, or any part, of our assets or business are transferred.
We offer a variety of choices about how we use your information. You can make choices about whether to receive promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the relevant promotional communication. In some cases, you may be able to make choices in relation to specific Services through the Service's settings or when we give you a collection statement.
Offshore Disclosure of Personal Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Information or Making a Complaint
What do we do to keep your information secure?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the personal information we collect in connection with the Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
Our Services may link to third party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by third party websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third party websites and services you use.
We also may make available to you certain products or services developed by third parties. Samsung is not responsible for these third party products or services and you should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to such third party products and services.
Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising or Functionality on Our Services
- Certain third parties may serve advertising or keep track of which advertisements users see, how often they see those advertisements, and what users do in response to them; and
- We enable you to share certain materials on the Services with others through social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and LinkedIn.
If you connect with a social networking service while using a Service or Device, we may receive and store authentication information from that social networking service to enable you to log in, as well as other information that you allow us to receive when you connect with these services.
Also, please note that if you choose to connect with a social networking service on a Device used by people in addition to you, those other users may be able to see information stored or displayed in connection with your account on the social networking service(s) with which you connect.
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features users are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access a Service.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Services, or certain parts of those Services.
Other Local Storage
We, along with certain third parties, may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Services. These technologies are similar to cookies, in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your Device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to configure them using standard browser tools and settings. For more information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here.
We, along with certain third parties, may also use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your Device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your Device. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyse the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
Depending on your model and region you can command your Device to activate certain features such as playing songs from a playlist, change channels or performing web searches using S Voice.
Further, for Mobile Devices you can control everything you would do using the touch interface, by using voice commands with Bixby. You can also receive language translation support through S Translator, dictate memos through Voice Memo or, if you have enabled Car Mode, activate features while driving by speaking to your Mobile Device.
To provide the Voice Services, some voice commands may be transmitted (along with information about your device and its usage, including device identifiers) to a third party service provider that converts your voice commands to text. In addition, Samsung may collect and use, and your device may capture, voice commands and associated texts so that we can provide you with Voice Services and evaluate and improve the Voice Service features.
The Voice Services are strictly optional and can be enabled during your Device's set-up process, or at a later date through your Device settings. If you no longer wish to use the Voice Services, you may at any time disable the Voice Services using the settings menu of your Device.
We may also use or disclose your personal information to provide you with information about products, promotions, special offers and other information which relates to our Services or which we believe may be of interest to you. We may send you such information by email, telephone, SMS text message and/or any other form of electronic messages, post, fax or smartphone or other smart-device applications, social networking websites or any other method which becomes relevant from time to time.
When you provide us with information about yourself, you will usually be given the option to let us know that you do not want that personal information to be used for direct marketing purposes. You can change your mind about your preferences in respect of direct marketing and make choices at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the relevant marketing communication, or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
If you have any questions or wish to access or correct your personal information, make a complaint or change your preferences in respect of direct marketing, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Limited
3 Murray Rose Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127, Australia
[Provide customised content and make recommendations]: We may use personal information we collect about you to provide you with customised content and make recommendations that are based in part on your past activities on our Services.
[Improve them and develop new products and services]: We may use information we collect to understand the way you use the products and Services we offer so that we can improve them and develop new products and Services. For example, we may use this information to make better-informed decisions about the use of our Services and the selection of Samsung and third party content and information that is accessible through our Devices and Services.
[Affiliates]: The term ‘affiliates’ refers to companies related to Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Limited by common ownership or control. Our affiliates include companies with the Samsung Electronics name, such as Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited. Affiliates may also include other companies related by common ownership or control, such as Samsung Information Systems America.
Applying to Access your Information
You have rights under the Privacy Act to access your personal information that we hold about you.
How to Apply
You can request access to the personal information that Samsung holds about you by sending a copy of the completed Privacy Access Request Form to the Samsung Privacy Officer
Samsung Electronics Australia
3 Murray Rose Ave
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Only information related to you can be requested. If another person is involved, each of you will need to complete and sign an access request form.
Cost Per Service
In some circumstances a fee, to cover our costs of accessing your data will apply. We’ll tell you in advance if there is going to be any cost for getting the information and send you a quote so that you can decide if you want to go ahead. Once you have made payment, we’ll send you a confirmation email and commence the retrieval process.
When are you likely to hear from us?
We'll respond to your request for access to your personal information within a reasonable period, which is usually within thirty (30) days.
Mobile Device Section
Please note that one or more of the features described in this Supplement may not be available to you depending on your model version, your service provider or where you live or access the features.
The Samsung Health application, connected applications and associated accessories (collectively “Samsung Health”) is an all-in-one companion designed to encourage a healthy lifestyle. With Samsung Health, you can track your everyday activities; get coaching to reach your daily fitness goals and milestones; and measure and manage factors such as your heart rate, SpO levels, and stress level.
The purpose of processing data for Samsung Health is to provide the health service or feature that you request, including data back-up and sync services for Samsung account users, to provide data analysis and statistics to enhance your wellness and to improve Samsung Health itself and its offerings. Data can be collected either through sensors on your Mobile Device or when you manually enter your own data into the applicable Mobile Device or related Samsung Health application or accessory.
Further information on the way we process your personal information is described in the Samsung Health Privacy Notice, viewable in the Settings menu of the Samsung Health application.
Enhanced Features is a bundled set of services designed to help simplify and improve the ways in which you can share information and connect with your friends. With the currently available Enhanced Features for example, you can share your profile and view images from your friends using profile sharing and easily share files with your friends using simple sharing.
In order to provide you with the Enhanced Features, we will need to collect your phone number, information from your contacts list and access to messages.
You have the choice to disable Enhanced Features in its entirety, or in the alternative, you can pick and choose which of the Enhanced Features services you wish to use, by visiting your profile in the contacts section of your
Mobile Device. In addition, based on how you choose to use Enhanced Features, you can choose what categories of data you will share, as well as which friends you want to share data with.
Interactive and Customised Services
Samsung Mobile Devices are designed to be nimble, easy and intelligently anticipate your needs and preferences. Accordingly, our Mobile Devices are designed to learn about and remember your individual needs and preferences in order
to provide you with better and more tailored, interesting and useful Services and features.
If you choose to opt-in and enable Interactive and Customised Services on your Mobile Device, one simple benefit would be not having to input data again and again. Instead, we can make better use of your past actions and anticipate
what you may want to input without being asked. If you opt-in to Interactive and Customised Services, you may also benefit from our improved ability to offer you recommendations, Services or content based on your past usage
information. For example, if we learn from your application usage information that you are very interested in sports, we will provide you with more relevant information, offers or hints about sports, enhancing your experience with
our Mobile Devices. We will base these “Interactive and Customised Services” on:
- Information about websites or search query terms on your browser applications;
- Information about applications you have accessed through your Mobile Device;
- Other Mobile Device usage and device information, including, but not limited to, information that identifies your hardware or software configuration and settings, browser information, and the page(s) you request;
- Information about your location and points of interests;
- Contact lists; and
- Voice commands and usage information regarding voice recognition features.
Samsung Pay is an easy and safe way to make debit and credit card purchases using your compatible Mobile Device. To use Samsung Pay and initiate the card registration process, identification and verification data will be submitted to your bank from your Mobile Device. This includes Samsung account information and Samsung Pay usage data, device information, if you have enabled location settings your location information (i.e., where you are when you register your card), and your card information and billing address, which will be sent to your card issuer, passing through our servers. This information is encrypted by your Mobile Device and sent to your bank over Samsung servers. We never access any card or bank details.
Once your Mobile Device has been enrolled, all transaction data is transmitted securely between your Mobile Device and your card issuer and bank. Recent transaction history is available on your Mobile Device and is known only to you, your bank and card issuer. We do not collect any information about the transactions you make or the device or account used to make transactions. We may, however, aggregate and anonymize information collected regarding your attempts to make purchases using Samsung Pay to understand the way our users use Samsung Pay so that we can improve it by making it more convenient and useful for our users.
Further information on the way we process your information is described in the Samsung Pay Privacy Notice, viewable in the Settings menu of the Samsung Pay application.
Samsung Advertising ID
Information about your Mobile Device usage that is collected for the purposes of providing customised marketing will be linked to a randomised, non-persistent, and resettable device identifier called a Samsung advertising ID. You may reset your Samsung advertising ID at any time via the Settings menu on your Mobile Device and your previous usage information with respect to customised marketing will be de-linked and separated from what is collected under your new Samsung advertising ID. However, if you reset your Samsung advertising ID, the customised marketing which we provide to you may not be as well-aligned to your personal interests. You may also opt-out of receiving customised marketing at any time via the unsubscribe instructions set out in the relevant marketing material or the Settings menu of the applicable Samsung Service application on your Mobile Device.
However, even if you opt-out of receiving customised marketing, this will not affect whether or not you receive other types of ads and marketing on your Mobile Devices. The only difference will be that those ads will not be customised or based on the usage information of your Mobile Device.