Why Does My Battery Only Charge To 80%?
Battery Life Extender
If the battery on your computer is only charging to 80%, this is because Battery Life Extender is on. Battery Life Extender sets the maximum battery charge level to 80% in order to extend the life of your battery. If you would like to turn this function off, follow the steps below:
Note: Some laptops that came with Windows 8 do not have this program.
1. Open Settings from the Start Screen or your desktop.
2. In the Settings window, click Power Management.
3. Click the Battery Life Extender tab.
4. On the Battery Life Extender window, slide the slider to Off. Battery Life Extender is now turned off.
Note: The above image is a representation and may have extra tabs or is missing tabs that your software contains. This program differs from model to model.
In order to turn Battery Life Extender off in Windows 7, you will need to access the BIOS. To access the BIOS and turn this function off, follow the steps below:
1. Turn your computer on.
2. When you see the Samsung logo appear, press the F2 key repeatedly. The BIOS appears.
Note: If the BIOS does not appear, turn your computer off and follow the steps above again.
3. Use the right arrow key on your keyboard to move to the Advanced tab in the BIOS.
4. Use the down arrow key to highlight Battery Life Cycle Extension, then press Enter.
5. Use the up/down arrow keys to select Disabled and then press Enter.
6. Press the F10 key to save and exit. Your computer will now start up and Battery Life Extender is disabled.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .