Charge your Galaxy Book
Just like a phone or tablet, your Galaxy Book needs to be charged to keep its battery going. Use the included charger to give it a charge whenever it needs some juice. We also have some tips for extending the battery life, so it will last and last.
Note: Information provided applies to Galaxy Book sold in Canada. Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Samsung accessories are designed to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may invalidate your warranty and cause damage.
What kind of charger does your Galaxy Book use? The regular Galaxy Book, Galaxy Book 2, Galaxy Book S, Galaxy Book Pro, and Galaxy Book Pro 360 all use a Samsung USB-C charger. They also all support fast charging! However, the Galaxy Book S comes with a 25 W charger instead of 15 W.
To charge your device, connect the charger's USB cable to the power adapter. Insert the cable into the Galaxy Book's charging port. Next, plug the adapter into a wall socket. After the battery is fully charged, the Power LED will change color. Disconnect your Galaxy Book from the charger.
You can also connect Thunderbolt compatible chargers to the Thunderbolt 4 port on the Galaxy Book Pro and Galaxy Book Pro 360.
There are a couple things you can do to help prolong your Galaxy Book's battery life:
- Close any unnecessary or unused apps.
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi if they are not being used.
- When you are not using your Galaxy Book, enable Sleep mode by pressing the Power key.
- Turn on Battery saver mode. Select the Battery icon in the taskbar and then select the switch to activate it. Depending on your model, you may need to select Battery settings first.
- The Battery life extender feature automatically stops your Galaxy Book from charging past 80% or 85%. This helps prolong the overall battery life of the device. However, you can disable Battery life extender if you want to charge the Galaxy Book to 100%.
Here are some things to take into consideration when it comes to charging your Galaxy Book:
- The Galaxy Book can be used while it is charging but it will take longer to fully charge.
- Using a power source other than the adapter, such as a computer, may result in a slower charge.
- If the battery is completely drained, the Galaxy Book cannot be turned on immediately after connecting the charger. Let the battery charge for a few minutes before attempting to turn on your Galaxy Book.
- While charging, the Galaxy Book and the charger may become hot. This is normal and should not affect the Galaxy Book's lifespan or performance. If the battery gets too hot, it may stop charging.
Thank you for your feedback!