Software update issues with your Galaxy Buds
If the you encounter issues updating the software for the Galaxy Buds, Gear Buds+, Gear Buds Live, or Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds, you may need to update the Galaxy Wearable app or Galaxy Buds Manager software. However, the issues could also be caused by your network connection or outdated software on the device you are using to update the earbuds.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for earbuds sold in other countries.
Close the app or program you are using to update the earbuds. Then, place the earbuds into the charging case and close the lid. Connect the USB cable to the USB charging port on the back of the charging case. Connect the other end of the USB cable to a Samsung-approved charger adapter (sold separately), and plug it directly into a wall outlet.
Exit apps or softwares that may be running, and then restart the phone, tablet, or computer powering it off and back on again.
It may be necessary to update the software on your phone, tablet, or computer before updating the earbuds.
- Galaxy phone or tablet: From Settings, search for and select Software update. Then, tap Download and install and tap Install if an update is available.
- TV: You can update the software on your TV with the internet. On your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Software Update. Select Auto Update to turn on automatic updates, or select Update Now to download updates.
Note: Due to compatibility requirements, the original Galaxy Buds and the Galaxy Buds Pro cannot be updated on iOS phones. You can use the Galaxy Buds Manager software with a PC or Mac to update the Galaxy Buds. The Galaxy Buds+ and Galaxy Buds Live can be updated on iOS phones using the Samsung Galaxy Buds app.
- Galaxy Wearable (for Android): Open the app, and navigate to and tap About Galaxy Wearable app. Then, tap Update.
- Samsung Galaxy Buds (for iOS): Open the App Store, and then tap your profile icon. Swipe down and tap Update next the Samsung Galaxy Buds. If Update does not appear, an update is not available at this time.
- Galaxy Buds Manager when using Galaxy Buds: Open the software, select About PC program, and then select Update.
- Galaxy Buds Manager when using Galaxy Buds+: Open the software, select Check for updates, and then select Download and install.
Thank you for your feedback!